O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Products & Services

Level 1: Joiner
PhilBakernoblue

Re: Azzurri Communications / Breach of Privacy

It sounds harsh, but i'm glad that we're not the only business that has been stitched up by the O2 and Azurri farce!
We have used O2 for nearly 10 years and always had a 'proper' business relationship. Regardless of talking to the call centre or going into a shop, nothing was too much trouble and our account ran smoothly.
Last year O2 rewarded my customer loyalty but dumping my account to Azzuri and customer service went straight downhill. Ordering new contracts handsets were incorrectly delivered two days late, trying to speak with our laughable 'Account Manager' is nigh on impossible and even requesting disconnection costs gets ignored.
I am now spending more than the exit fee for the contract on solicitors to get out of this contract with O2 and never use them again.
Fourtunatly as an IT & Comms oursourcing company I can influence several decision makers that are currently using O2 and warn them of this farce.
We learn by our mistakes and I can take from this experience that O2 does not care about it's customers, despite the current TV campaign to convince us otherwise. O2 can learn that outsourcing customer services rarely works and not looking after your customers costs you business...
Well done Azurri and O2, another customer lost !
Please use plain text.
tkd1987

Hi All,
i have also been stitched up by azzurri, i have been with o2 for a few years, and then upgraded my contract to allow for more minutes etc.
i was advised by o2 that its a 24month contract and i can get a new phone within 12 months, i was then contacted by "Andy Cooke" from azzurri explaining all the benefits etc.
a year later i wanted to upgrade my handset for the last 12 months of my contact, he got me a great price and everyone was happy apart from the fact it took 2months to get my phones but i understood that the iphone 3gs was in popular demand. then last year, it would have been the end of my 24month contract, i wanted to renew for a further 2 years, there was some complications with pricing of handsets etc, and after 3 weeks of waiting i had enough, and said will cancel the whole contract move to another provider as i haveseen same handset on better tarrif for around half the price.
Andy then tells me that i still have 12months left of my contact, because when i got my upgraded phone the previous year it extended my contract for a further 12 months, and had been told this on the phone the year before. I HAD NOT!
when i contacted o2 i was informed that if i had of upgraded through them my contract would not have been extended, and would have only ran for the original 24months, but i would have had 2 phones within that time(which is partly the reason i went on that tarriff in the first place).
my point now, is how do i get rid of Azzurri and go back directly with o2?

sorry for bit of essay, need to get this sorted before they stnig me again!!
thanks

Aaron
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
AngusP

I am now spending more than the exit fee for the contract on solicitors to get out of this contract with O2 and never use them again.
Fortunately as an IT & Comms oursourcing company I can influence several decision makers that are currently using O2 and warn them of this farce.

@Phil,
Yes, I guess there is a sense of satisfaction in knowing that as an IT company I too can share the customer experience with communications decision makers.
I have just raised a contract dispute, asked for copies on consent forms and contracts that I will be passing to legal for review.
Amazing that O2 customer service / Azzurri have managed to alienate a (17 year) loyal customer so spectacularly. Azzurri customer service were just nothing less than rude and threatening to me. Incredible.
regards
angus
Please use plain text.
AngusP

i was then contacted by "Andy Cooke" from azzurri explaining all the benefits etc.

@aaron,
I think I have spoken to Andy Cooke from Azzurri customer service too.
The experience was very far from positive.
Good luck with your ongoing dispute.
It is such a shame that O2 customer service appear impotent in this situation, as my experience with them was historically a good one.
Although someone at O2 made a very bad decision to pass contracts from O2 to Azzurri communications in this way.
I am now exploring the legality of the consent when the contract was moved, the actual existence of contracts with Azzurri and passing off, where Azzurri have presented themselves as O2.
regards
angus
Please use plain text.
southerner

I appreciate your problems with Azzurri. The problem for O2 customer service is that they are limited in what they can do when an account is managed by one of these dealers.
It is only by fate that any life ends, and only by chance that it is mine...not yours
Please use plain text.
dexter

Angus,
I totally agree with you!
It really isn't clear that you are moving your business from O2 to Azzuri. Heck I didn't realise that I was actually on Azzuri when it was too late. I'm still trying to get out of it, but you can read my forum post.
I think this system is messed up. Funny how I'm sure O2 wouldn't allow my service to be automatically moved to T-Mobile without a bit of a fight.. In fact they would make it very difficult for me to switch. Funny they don't do the same for Azzuri, where they just "take the word" of an Azzuri CSR who probably gets paid on commission for them to get these contracts...
Please use plain text.
AngusP

Oh dear.
Still waiting for someone from O2 customer service to do something. It has been over a year now.....
More threats from Andy @ Azzurri Communications.
Still no copy of the consent form for Azzurri to take over my account, or my 'contracts' that are with Azzurri. Is that because they do not exist?
Altogether a hideous customer service experience.
Never has Caveat Emptor rung quite so true
angus
PS there is a wonderful irony in complaintreviewservice@o2.com taking 2 months to not review, or respond to my complaint. bravo! well done team o2, you should be proud of your efforts.
Please use plain text.
southerner

If it's been over 8 weeks since you made the complaint you can just go to Ofcom?
It is only by fate that any life ends, and only by chance that it is mine...not yours
Please use plain text.
Ask a Question
Welcome