Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Tesco Broadband?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Rumours are rife that TalkTalk have purchased Tesco Broadband and Blinkbox. 

Blinkbox had gotten into some debt, however it will not be transferred in the sale.  It has not been confirmed that Tesco Broadband will change its name.

Is this TalkTalk's next big step into the big league?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a620140/talktalk-acquires-blinkbox-and-tesco-broadband-for-a-r...

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Oh well...it was good when it lasted. Crazy

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing this @gemz4the1

😄
Message 3 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

The profit margin on these cheap broadband services is almost nothing for the operators, unfortunately.  They are charged a fortune by BT in various unavoidable costs.

Message 4 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't touch TalkTalk even if they were the last provider on earth!

Isn't this part of Tesco restructuring?  I saw earlier that they are closing 43 stores as well, probably mainly Tesco Express.

Message 5 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't touch TalkTalk even if they were the last provider on earth!

Yeah, they're arguably worse than EE Smiley Mad, and those of you who know me will know how bad that must be.

I still maintain that they owe us £50 from about 10 years ago, and refuse to talk to them until I recieve it.

Message 6 of 53

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm with TalkTalk and haven't had a problem with them to justify saying they are poor.  We have two lines as well with broadband and the biggest problem is BT infrastructure. Only recently did it start playing up due to a faulty box in the road and I had to contact CS via their live chat several times. Which worked very well I must add as does their forums. 

I would say though never ring them up and get the first line people who, if you get the Indian call centre, won't deviate from their script frustrating you. Even more bizarre is the fact they wouldn't accept the exchange had a problem - weather related - and refused to deal with my call once they realised I wasn't using their supplied router (which I had to change as it came with one ethernet port and I required two).

Yet get their business service and its all UK based and I cannot fault them at all for CS. Sadly there isn't much choice for suppliers in my area and TT is cheaper than BT. When BT decide to activate the fibre they've laying then it may be a different story.

Message 7 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fine if you are in the 50% of the UK that can get Virginmedia. But they are not expanding much and don't have the same obligations as BT
Message 9 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
That's fine if you are in the 50% of the UK that can get Virginmedia. But they are not expanding much and don't have the same obligations as BT

And as I have said before....I AM in an area that gets Virgin...and had it for years. We kicked it into touch because it was appalling. We could not run more than one laptop at a time...speeds were very poor and it was getting so my grandson could not play on his xbox. We changed to BT and haven't looked back. I know everyone has their own favourite...but my experience of Virgin was not a good one slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 53