Did you mean: 

why does o2 favour Apple?

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Genuine question to the powers that be.
Why, since the announcement of the iPhone 6, have only Apple products been able to be pre ordered?
We all assumed that after the, still ongoing, fiasco of iPhone 6, that the lack of preorders was due to failures within the system. However, upon looking at the store today, I am greeted with "ipad air 2, preorders now" so clearly it is another reason.
The Galaxy note 4, Samsungs big q3/4 release suffered the same fate as the Xperia Z3, in that no information was given at all, even those who signed up for "keep me in the loop" type emails received nothing.
Staff didn't know a thing until they turned up in stores.
Why??
Why is it that the Xperia tablet z3 doesnt so much as have a flicker on the o2 site, yet was announced a full month before the soon to be out of stock ipad?
Why is it that the nexi (I'm using that for plural) are just "register interest" when so far this last 6 months, has proven pointless.
When bona fide customers are left, having to run around looking for stock on a release day, because they were not given the chance of securing a unit, it's not a very good advertisement for a company that wins awards for customer satisfaction. And those who, on release day, ring up or go online to speak to advisors. Shouldn't expect to be lied to regarding stock levels.
I understand that the iPhone purchasers are still containing unsatisfied orders, but that's not the fault of other customers is it?
At least they had the chance of pre ordering, and if they had to wait, got paid to do so.
So, the only answer is, also a question.
Why are O2 favouring Apple?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

A bit of a non-statement from O2 there. We as regulars on the community and non Apple customers understand the crazed hype for the iphone from the young and the old enough to know better ifanboys.O2 completely ignore and disregard their other customers when they are awaiting the release of flagship phones, we get no info as to stock, release or preorder whether we have asked to be kept in the loop or not.

Whether Chris denies it or not, the mass marketing, advertising and preorder scenario is in stark contrast given to other phones and the difference smacks you in the face like a sledgehammer. Any info that has been available has come through customers who have to call and ask O2 and that information has varied dependent on who you get through to speak to. Live chat is on a different planet!

Over the past 6 weeks O2 have alienated a large nucleus of their customer base with taking orders and money for non existent stock, no information and misinformation, not only for iphone but for Samsung, Motorola and the soon to be ipad launch. The complete omission of anything Blackberry is also surprising as a business strategy.

O2 have taken their eye off the ball through either incompetence, mismanagement or apathy over the last 12 months and we need to see a big improvement to restore confidence in O2 as a leader in the telecommunications industry.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my feelings on this have been well documented on here over the past few months. From the removal of all BlackBerry devices from stock, to the refusal to stock any of the new BlackBerry Flagship phone in the past month to the lack of advertising for a Sony keynote speech whereby I had to update the community on all of the exciting new Sony products...

There is a definite bias towards iDevices from O2, to the detriment of customers of all other devices, we have all seen the proof of that on the community.

So what can we do? Do we go elsewhere for our mobile phones? Do we all abandon our devices of choice and join the iSheep to keep O2 happy and ensure all customers are treated equally?

On the flip side, should O2 only stock Apple devices? Could they survive with only iDevices in their inventory?

As a BlackBerry fan, it remains to be seen what I will do when my contract is due for renewal in February, especially as I had wanted to move to a Refresh tarrif which isn't available from CPW which is where O2 have directed me to to get the BlackBerry Passport in their official response to my queries.

I'm still waiting on feedback on the decision making process on which new devices O2 stock, and if this person/group actually uses the devices before deciding.

Message 12 of 12