Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 : Review From A Novice Point Of View

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My iPhone 6 came today (thank you UPS for delivering it early and not leaving it in the warehouse in Manchester all weekend!!). Bouncy

I not really a technologically advanced person so here is my lay persons opinion.

My first opinion of it? WOW  Shocked

I purchased the gold model.  It looks big and a sleek design compared to the iPhone 5s.

I turned it on and the colour is amazing - very bright.  The new wallpapers which were introduced in the iOS8 update look very vibrant.

I set it up and restored from my back up.  The screen can be changed from standard to zoomed in - I prefer the standard view because the text is quiet bigger than the text on the iPhone 5s.

To be honest I haven't really noticed any features that stand out compared to the iPhone 5s. 

The signal appears to be better and the fingerprint sensor is more accurate in scanning that it was for the iPhone 5s.

It will take me a while to get used to the size but I think the smaller size is an ideal size - I can't imagine even trying to use the iPhone 6 plus.

With regards to the iOS8 - I look the medical ID bit as I think it will be very useful and may help to save someones life.

Overall I would give it 9/10

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Gemma for your thoughts.

I'm looking forward to getting the plus. slight_smile
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for ur review on the iphone 6
did u buy it on pay as u go ?
Gemz4the1
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their only available on contact or sim free right now lifeishard2014

slight_smile
Message 4 of 19

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I purchased it from Apple as a sim free phone and I put my pay monthly sim in it

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pretty decent price Sim Free for the iPhone 6 too.

There even selling them in CEX and its only been a couple of days since launch !
Message 6 of 19

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I got it on Apple finance so it's only £60 per month slight_smile

With regards to the CEX shop, I went there today and a customer had come in and sold 2 iPhone 6's to them - apparently he bought them on contract this morning and sold them right away.  He got just over £1,000 for them apparently.

Message 7 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

With regards to the CEX shop, I went there today and a customer had come in and sold 2 iPhone 6's to them - apparently he bought them on contract this morning and sold them right away.  He got just over £1,000 for them apparently.

What I find sad is that people will pay stupid prices just to get hold of one...idiots!

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the iPhone 6 plus unlocked they are paying over £665 for them.
Message 9 of 19

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I was a bit wary of the size changes at first but now I think the smaller one is an ideal size for me personally. 

Message 10 of 19