cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling nhs 111 ftom O2 mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried calling NHS 111 in the busy Xmas period. Got through to the wait message but was cut off twice after waiting 10 mins 40ish seconds each time. Is this O2 cutting me off or the nhs system? Anyone else had this? Can't imagine O2 knows I am not in a real conversation.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I assume the NHS service was very busy - There is no reason for O2 to cut you off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone move this out of Tugo into pay monthly forum. Sorry.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The NHS number is run on behalf of the NHS by Vodafone and there was a service failure over Christmas which might explain your issue.

It was also extremely busy as people were in some cases phoning up with things that really a pharmacist could have dealt with.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I assume the NHS service was very busy - There is no reason for O2 to cut you off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like you got disconnected by the nhs lime not O2 I'm afraid
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda what I thought. O2 doesn't cut any other call at 10 mins. frustrating losing your place in the queue.  Hopefully won't happen next time. Cheers.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad I could help
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Yes sadly the number went down at Christmas. Caused a great deal of anger with medical services. People then had to phone 999 for problems that could have been sorted with the less urgent 111 slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8