cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Annoyed customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Up until today, i thought that o2 were a decent company, now i see that they are just like all the rest of the thieving telecom companies, who commit fraudulant activity around the UK,.

Let me explain.

In Jan 2014 i started taxying, and purchased a contract, 2 year, with a nexus 5 phone, for £27 per month.

In sept 2014 i left the job due to earnings being crap, and not being able to support myself.. ie £150 for 80+ hours a week.

Up until December 8th my bills were paid every single month.

On december 8th my bill was due, i couldnt pay it.. on the 22nd december o2 turned off my phone.

on december 27th i tried to pay the bill via the automated payment line, but couldnt (phone turned off). also i had no internet at the time.

Now i have no objection to them turning the phone off, even though it was pretty quick 14 days.. when i was doing this it was 28 days minimum before termination could be processed..

anyway, as i said, no problem

Today jan 22 2015 i paid my entire bill in full.. (£65) that is the december payment and the jan payment *which isnt yet overdue.

i phone o2 to be told in no uncertain terms,. You NEED TO PAY A RECONNECT FEE..

WWWWHHHHHAAAATTTTT

Im sorry.. but

1. i pay you £27 a month for a phone, I normally use no where near the amount of alloted minutes..

2. i have a 2 year contract.. ie YOU ARE BY LAW, OBLIGED TO PROVIDE ME WITH ANOTHER YEAR ON THE CONTRACT

3, disconnecting someone, and then charging them for reconnection is paramount to fraudulant activity.. (good money making scam)

NOW..

As i said, i have no problem with the disconnection..

my problem comes from the fact, i am no longer working, i am struggling but managing to pay the monthly bills.. I have one year to go on the contract, and now you demand more money (*EVEN THOUGH THE BILL IS CLEAR) Sorry not going to happen.

I am currently speaking with legal representation with regards to this..

i was basically told on the phone,.. either pay the connection fee, or pay the contract off.. (and people wonder why people end up in debt)

I still have a 12 month contract.. IF YOU ARE REFUSING TO RECONNECT THE PHONE< YOU ARE IN BREACH OF THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT.

not me.......!!!

Keith

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

The reconnection charge is mentioned in the terms of the contract. So technically they are actually sticking to the contract in the instance that you breached the terms of contract by failing to pay on your due date.
It sucks yes, but it's how it is.

Message 2 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

I think seeking your own legal advice is the best thing you can do.
There is also an official o2 complaints process as detailed here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be in the contract but the contract also states

4. Charges/Price increases – You must pay the charges for the services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill.

ie,.. you pay for a SERVICE.. so if im not getting a service i dont have to pay? SIMPLE..

They cannot have it both ways. that is illegal

keith

Message 4 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think of it this way..

if the government said..

if you have a car you have to pay car tax, but if you dont have a car, we are going to charge you car tax anyway because the option is there to have a car.

How would you react?

its the same principle, you cannot be charged for somehting you dont use or have..

Message 5 of 46

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I'm speaking as a layman, legally, but I don't think you have a leg to stand on. Seek legal advice, by all means, but I doubt you will get any satisfaction. As you were in breach of your end of the contract, I don't see how you can say that O2 is legally obliged to fulfill their end. You might also want to consider that if you don't pay the reconnection fee, you may have trouble getting a contract with a different provider, as this will most likely be noted as a negative mark on your credit rating.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Did you pay by the date on your bill?

Message 7 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Actually, you have to pay the road tax whether you use the car or not.

Message 8 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i agree, i was in breach of my end of the contract (by 14 days), which has now been fullfilled and paid in FULL.

Now o2 are in breach of the contract, because they are not supplying  a service for the money i am paying them.

Contract, - simple terms

1. Pay 27 per month we will provide you with a phone and usage.

2. failure to pay bill will result in termination.

I know FOR A FACT.. as i used to do this type of work in a higher capacity. it does NOT COST £15 to reconnect a phone (or should i say press a button) banks were stopped doing this, because it was illegal.

I breached part 2..

They are breaching part 1. Making me pay although i have no phone.. this is what i am arguing about..

not the fact as i said *(the termination)

thank you

Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

what if you dont have a car.

and no yuo dont, you can claim it off road or sorn

Message 10 of 46