Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong?

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I typed up a review, saved it as a draft and left it to have dinner.

Having returned, I cannot edit it or view it.  THe message that pops up is:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Is it me, or is it a problem?

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 "Works As Coded" is often how such things have been described to me.  The coders write things how they think it should work without considering how the product will be used in real life.  I recall a system produced for us that was for course booking, which split every day into half day chunks, despite the shortest course being half a week (two and a half days). Any change meant that the whole data package had to be transferred from the mainframe to our PCs and amended and sent back. It worked OK for them on an internal network, but we had to access it over what was then a shared 128kb/s ISDN line. Surprisingly it didn't work for us.

Lithium has a new annoyance since I last used it.  If I spot an error in my typing, correct it and press the End key to get to where I want to recommence typing, I get a hash symbol with a pop up asking for a product name. It lets me have Samsung Galaxy S6 but not an S7 / Edge. It offers a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (which is not even available from the link!) but not a Note 7.  It is an irritating feature (even if it had been kept up to date) which is probably exactly as coded.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 11 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144710 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

We try to feed back all issues but sometimes it seems never ending! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

After all this palaver I am looking forward to reading this review...(when someone finds out where it is)...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 38

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff I'm just building a hype about it.  My current situation is "astoundingly frustrated" by small print, and conditions that are initially hidden, and feeling cheated.  I'm afraid to actually publish this saved draft because I think (though I cannot get back to it to check) that it was just a rant.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 14 of 38

MI5
  • 144710 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

Well you got me interested now. 

"Publish and be dammed" slight_smile 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 38

Cheryl12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Pop3/imap is not enabled on my email ?
Message 16 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Fellwalker How could you possibly rant about the Note 7?. I am intrigued. Never mind .....I will move my own status to 'High in Anticipation'... Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 38

Cheryl12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi had my old phone details transfered to new phone at 02 shop. Now cannot use my hotmail account. Error message Pop3/imap is not enabled
Message 18 of 38

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff It isn't a review of the Note7; it is a review of the pre-order process which has been less than satisfactory.  Sorry to disappoint.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 19 of 38

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cheryl12 sorry but can't help in this thread.  Could I suggest that you start a new thread in the "Get Help with your mobile device" section?

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 20 of 38