Did you mean: 

Number Transfer Gone Wrong

MariaGreenwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone, 

I am in an absolute panic!!! I have just left EE and moved over to O2 on PAYG sim card. I used the online form to transfer my number and initially it all seemed very easy. 

Roll forward a few days and the numbers should've been transferred and all should be well. Not the case!!! The number I've had for 24 years, that should've been transferred isn't working. When I call the number I just get a message saying "sorry this number can't be reached". I have called O2 a number of times and I am getting passed from person to person and no one seems to be able to help. How can something so simple, go so wrong?!?!? 

I am just in the process of selling a house and buying a new house and my old number is linked to everything. Plus my old number is linked to a number of websites for security codes, etc, etc. I just want my old number back and I don't know what to do. Is there anyone out there who can offer help and advice pls??? Frustratingly, when I asked to be put through to the MNP Department, no one in O2 knows what that is.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Sorry, no one here can help as we a all customers.

You need to persist with O2.

One word of advice. If an agent says the only way to transfer your number is to move to contract then resist, it's not true and you won't get your number any quicker

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2