Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will o2 follow suit...?

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

So it appears as though EE are copying 3's policy to allow monthly customers to use their inclusive minutes and texts while in the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/phone/the-ee-perk-that-every-mobile-firm-may-have-to-...

They are limiting it to the higher end of the scale, but it does mean for some of their customers there won't be a huge bill to come home to.

Is there any chance that o2 will follow suit? I know that the rules have changed, but it only says that the phone companies have to remove roaming charges. It doesn't say that customers get to use their inclusive allowances abroad...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubt it!!!!!!Cat

Message 2 of 12

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Given that roaming charges across the EU are due to be abolished in 2017 it is unlikely they will make any changes now.
Message 3 of 12

gmarkj
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
True, but the question is more will they allow you to use the minutes/text you have paid for, or will they charge you for them?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Not sure how UK customers will benefit from the abolishment of roaming charges in 2017...if we are no longer part of the EU?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

As said in the article, Three's policy encompasses much more than the EU, i.e. the USA, Sri Lanka and Australia. EE's new policy is only for high end customers, and they're not giving anything more away than all the other providers will have to eventually anyway. So I give it a big 'MEH'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

As said in the article, Three's policy encompasses much more than the EU, i.e. the USA, Sri Lanka and Australia. EE's new policy is only for high end customers, and they're not giving anything more away than all the other providers will have to eventually anyway. So I give it a big 'MEH'.

Eventually is the operative word and I hope that a Company who once saw themselves as the leaders in tariff innovations realise that they fell behind the likes of Three and EE years ago.

Message 7 of 12

gmarkj
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Yes and no.
Three does cover more, and the Feel at Home offering is automatic on all but their essential tariffs.
EE are offering new customers the chance to use their allowance while abroad in the EU.
The EU ruling is more about roaming charges and reducing the amount you can/will be charged. Not allowing you to use your already paid for minutes and texts.
My point was will o2 follow the other companies or will usage abroad still be chargeable?

Message 8 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

That's a question we, as customers, would only be able to speculate on. Maybe @Toby can get some clarification from O2 about this?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I doubt o2 have even thought that far ahead yet.
They will most likely wait and see what everyone else does first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12