9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

And many of the broadband deals say "New customers can ,,,,#

If you are already with us, hard luck

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

And many of the broadband deals say "New customers can ,,,,#

If you are already with us, hard luck

There are a few deals @Enlli that seems to be open to existing customers. 

Of course, knowing what is available to new customers - both of O2 and elsewhere - can also be useful ammunition when negotiating with sales' staff. 

Message 3 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

As someone who spent 14 years on the Virgin Communuty I found that they were prepared to give the biggest discounts to those taking the various add on packages. If you just have broadband and phone, or God forbid, just phone, then there is little room for retentions to maneuver, even if the same package for a new customer is a lot less 

Virgin, like many broadband suppliers, are becoming purveyors of content: that's where they make their money.

Most broadband 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

And now, many streaming platforms, some offered with such broadband packages "free for x-months": the Netflixes, the Paramount+es, the AmazonPrimes, the Disney+es... All are bringing back adverts, like ITV of old. 

Nowhere's safe. Cue a TiVo revival 😎

Message 5 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

We have everything from VM (TV, landline and BB), and make heavy use of the TiVo box to avoid ads.

Seeing the different streaming platforms adding adverts unless you want to pay more is not surprising - ultimately they are in the business of making money!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Have to agree @Enlli 

We renewed our VM contract, and got Cinema, Sky Sports, and all the TV Channels plus Gig 1 for around £80,  Sky Sports is £32 on its own and Sky Cinema is £21 on its own, so I call it a win at £29 for Gig1...  and we got Netflix thrown in for free...  

I do feel sorry for those who only want BB, as think they get stiffed...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93249 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I call Virginmedia every 18 months as the contract ends

Getting the same now as I had plus Netflix for less than the previous contract which was going up by £23

So a saving in total of £33 plus Netflix included

Message 8 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Have to agree @Enlli 

We renewed our VM contract, and got Cinema, Sky Sports, and all the TV Channels plus Gig 1 for around £80,  Sky Sports is £32 on its own and Sky Cinema is £21 on its own, so I call it a win at £29 for Gig1...  and we got Netflix thrown in for free...  

I do feel sorry for those who only want BB, as think they get stiffed...

@madasaf1sh 

And that's why many BB only customers seem to be moving to 5G providers, especially Three, that are cheaper. The problem is then that speeds and connections are erratic and they suddenly feel that they are not receiving what was promised.     

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions