Did you mean: 

Unlocking an older Nokia phone....help please

DCComics
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 930 that I would like to unlock. I have tried the following methods:

1. I have read the O2 guide which says I can request it from My O2 home page by selecting "More" from the options bar. There is no "More" anywhere.

2. Request via live chat. Live chat is never available, only a bot which knows FA.

3. Another user pointed towards the O2 form to fill in "Unlocking an O2 Phone" I fill in page 1 of the form and click on "Continue and it crashes. O2 helpfully tells me that their best technicians are now working on it and to try again. I have lost count of the number of times I have tried again.

I'm stuck. Help!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@DCComics All we can point you to is this guide, which you say isn't working for you: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card. - o2uk

The only other thing I can suggest is for you to speak to customer service.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 (Payment Management) or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@DCComics 

Good phone the Lumia 930,just be aware if you arent its a dead phone platform (windows phone). 

All you can keep doing is filling in the form or calling o2 on 202 from an o2 phone or 0344 809 0202 and doing it over the phone, with customer services.  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DCComics 

You will get numerous links if you put "unlock Nokia 930" into Google. 

I don't know whether any will solve your problem.  

Message 4 of 10

DCComics
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Deleted

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Usually sent by email in days gone by

I don't think that will change unless it comes via text

Message 6 of 10

DCComics
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still trying to get my phone unlocked. O2 say that the IMEI code cannot be found in their database. Any thoughts?

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@DCComics 

You will need to use an O2 sim in it to register it on the network.

It's described in the guide posted above Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

DCComics
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Code is registered with O2 and phone working on O2. They still say they can't get a code for that IMEI.

When you fill in the manual form it says "Oops something went wrong. We've got our best technicians working on it." Been like that for weeks.

Page also says log into MyO2 and select "More" from the menu bar. I do not have "More" on my menu bar.

Online chat said, Code will arrive in 14 days. It didn't. Tried them again, they said Sorry, it will arrive in 7 days. It didn't.

Tried Facebook Message. After two days they say no success, fill in the form. Arggghhhh. Once agan the form says Oooops etc. WTactualF O2?

Message 9 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Quite frankly the code simply may not be available. If this is the Lumia model then it soon will be 10 years old. 

It was made in the short period Nokia was owned by Microsoft. Nokia of today is just a name with no connection to its previous incarnations.

You may have to find a local unlocking shop  that can handle Microsoft firmware

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 10