Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report 'sorry for unusually high call volumes' recorded messages

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Martin Lewis of MoneySavingExpert fame has launched a tool to gather information about businesses that leave their customers on hold. He says :-

Please report "sorry, we are experiencing unusually high call volumes" messages. We want to test if some firms have this for EVERY call. If you call a bank, broadband, mobile, credit card, energy, water or sewerage firm, please take 30 seconds to report it via our unusual call volumes tool. In some cases, it may be a breach of the Consumer Duty (please bookmark this for when you need to use it).

The tool is at :-

Report 'sorry for the unusually high call volumes' recorded messages (moneysavingexpert.com)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/report-high-call-volumes/

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Another way for him to get data and sell it, as the all MSE thing is owned by MoneySupermarket... and not Martin Lewis, and that man leads to more issues with CS in all industries than any other person, as he talks a lot of poo....

Maybe rather than this data mining exercise, he would be pushing for getting CS staff been paid better, and the unwashed british public not to  be abusive to the people on the phone, or via social media, as this leads to people in the UK not wanting to work in this sector hence they get off shored...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

" Be assured your call is important to us. Please hold the line until it is no longer important to you."

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Oxonian
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

I just hope @madasaf1sh that any adverse publicity might shame O2 into investing in Customer Service ; but in all probability they will just ignore it and plough on. 😀  

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Oxonian 

How much extra are you willing to pay for UK Based Customer Services?? And for VMO2 to bring these back in house???

BT are now closing UK Call Centres as they are too expensive to run, and the staff churn rate is so high, first to go according to staff who work for BT is the Northern Irish Call Centre... 

There is nothing wrong with overseas call centres, when they are trained correctly.. And there are much worse than o2 out there...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@Oxonian 

There is nothing wrong with overseas call centres, when they are trained correctly.. And there are much worse than o2 out there...

I have never said @madasaf1sh that there is anything wrong with overseas call centres ; the likes of HP have excellent South African call centres. When I said about investing in customer service, it was the training and development of staff that I was alluding to. And it cannot be very nice for the CS staff arriving at work in the knowledge that they will not be able to answer a significant proportion of the problems posed by customers. 

I agree that there are far worse than O2 ; but it's probably fair to say that the CS of the UK MNOs is generally mediocre.     

Message 7 of 7