Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Paul112
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just attempted an early upgrade for the note 7, everything went OK until confirming order then a something went wrong error popped up, payment has been taken. Upgrade customer service said the orders still live and all I need to do is click the link to confirm but I keep getting the same error
Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's a pity o2 didn't though!

Because, unlike you, they didn't see it coming.

O2 must believe their systems work well I suppose

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 31 of 76

MI5
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Incredible really, I guess.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 76

psykix
  • 33 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it's still not working. They said to try again later tonight - but no joy.

Apparently they didn't expect such demand for the handset.

CS saying there is nothing they can do doesn't really seem to be an acceptable response. I asked them to cancel the order and they said they couldn't even do that?!

Duh.

Message 33 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'll join the club tongue I have had the same problem, it doesn't seem to have taken payment yet I put all my payment details in and its immediately at that stage that the problems started tongue

I have waited all day, I have been on live chat god knows how many times for them to keep transferring me then cutting me off. I've been on Facebook and 1 hour ago they said that apparently the issue is fixed, but it sure isn't as it still doesn't work for me slight_smile 

As one person said - not worth the hassle may as well just go in on release day. It's actually not worth no VR headset or getting it two days earlier, I'd rather just get the phone and pay for it once its in my hand!

Message 34 of 76

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

psykix wrote:

Apparently they didn't expect such demand for the handset.

Duh.

Astounded.jpg

Message 35 of 76

MI5
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Of course not. It's not an iPhone!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123082 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Of course not. It's not an iPhone!

Says it all really. Samsung releases a long awaited flagship phone and 'O2 weren't expecting the demand' FGS....what a joke really. Not so much a joke for those who had their money taken and unable to proceed further....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 76

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
O2 really lost the plot when the 3 takeover was announced......now they can't seem to recover their composure.
Message 38 of 76

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

So by the sounds of it, even if the system was working as it should, they didn't expect the demand so had limited stock. Beggars belief that a company could be so incompetent.

Message 39 of 76

psykix
  • 33 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I gave up with the upgrade and just added a new phone on my account. Contract is up on the other one on 3rd September. The order went through fine. What a palaver though!
Message 40 of 76