Did you mean: 

What apps should O2 develop?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

We've had some fantastic discussions on apps over the past few weeks with some really interesting feedback from the community. Were interested to hear what else would you like to see available as an O2 app? 

What sort of apps do you think would complement O2's existing products and services? Obviously you guys are the experts so we're really interested to hear your thoughts and ideas. Feel free to really think outside the box, no idea is to wacky or different. wink

If you need a bit of inspiration or what to see whats already available check out O2's existing apps here and let us know your ideas in the comments below or if you have a fully fleshed out idea why not submit it on our Community Ideas board!  

o2-logo-bubbles.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
I may be going out on a limb but the previous replies may hint at people's thoughts on more apps.

I completely see O2's logic in thinking a killer app will help create loyalty, demonstrate innovation and ultimately reduce churn....

But.... In my opinion it is wasting resources. Weigh up what it costs you to assign a team to planning, designing, testing and bringing an app to market. Then you need to market it and then hope it takes off.

On the flip side, some student in their spare time has done all that on a zero budget and Google, Zukerberg or Microsoft come along and buy it for billions.

This is not even taking into account what apps are already on the market.

When I saw this post pop up I took 10 minutes looking at my apps thinking what was missing. I honestly drew a blank.

I personally would love it of you guys spoke with Google, Apple and MS and subsidised 1 usually paid app free each month. Perhaps have some voting from Facebook twitter and the community here to what it will be each month.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I still think a stand alone app for the community would help to promote it more and generate more traffic and members. We suggested it a long while back and it would certainly be easier for members.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I still think a stand alone app for the community would help to promote it more and generate more traffic and members. We suggested it a long while back and it would certainly be easier for members.

I agree with a Community app. Excellent idea and time saving for those who want to access the forum only.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@version7point0 I certainly see your point. The app market is incredibly active at the moment and there are multiple versions of most types of apps. 

@jonsie @Cleoriff  I like it! A community app is a fantastic idea slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5