cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taken to receive Amazon referral vouchers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I joined O2 on a 12 month pay monthly contract June 2014. I joined via a referral where I should receive £40 in Amazon vouchers and the person who referrs me gets the same.

I received a email on 13th August to say my account had been validated and to choose my "reward", I chose Amazon vouchers. Since then I have heard nothing from Amazon. I have contacted them several times via webchat and each time the advisor says they will personnaly see that I will receive an email with the Amazon voucher code. This has been going on for weeks now and still nothing has been sent.

So, has anyone received Amazon vouchers and if so how long did it take?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not a good idea as you probably well know. fire off the complaint and take it from there.

Message 11 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123174 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Certainly ride it out through the correct route..Do NOT repeat not cancel your direct debit. There is only one loser in that situation...sadly that would be you slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 31

MI5
  • 144748 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
I'm constantly amazed that people think that cancelling a DD is a good idea - As if O2 will just say "OK, well we do owe you, so it's OK" ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's always a threat that people will think O2 will just say ok and write off the debt. No chance and the very reason for the existance and financially sound debt collection agencies.

Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like it was mentioned by everybody , canceling the dd will just give u bad credit and cause ur service to be suspended. You need to make cust services aware of the situation, via 202 or complaints link, because if they r not aware they cant chase it for you.

Did u speak to web chat about this?

Message 15 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

So its a case of waiting till O2 pay the vouchers out, which no-one here seems to have been paid, till the contract finishes.

If nothing happens within the contact period and I leave O2 what happens to the vouchers?

Maybe O2 know that people will switch to another mobile providor after their contract ends and are holding back on the vouchers, maybe the vouchers are only paid when you sign up for another contract?

Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would hope this would be sorted out before a contract ends.

I appreciate you signed up to get the incentive also but please dint let this take over using the service / allowances you pay for - and I assume get good signal.
Message 17 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's all conjecture so make a complaint and see what the official line is.

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made a complaint via the link previously provided. 

So far I have lost confidence and trust in O2. I am adhering to my part of the contract, so I would assume O2 would do the same. 

Message 19 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have made a complaint via the link previously provided. 

So far I have lost confidence and trust in O2. I am adhering to my part of the contract, so I would assume O2 would do the same. 

I'm sure they will...

Message 20 of 31