cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taken to receive Amazon referral vouchers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I joined O2 on a 12 month pay monthly contract June 2014. I joined via a referral where I should receive £40 in Amazon vouchers and the person who referrs me gets the same.

I received a email on 13th August to say my account had been validated and to choose my "reward", I chose Amazon vouchers. Since then I have heard nothing from Amazon. I have contacted them several times via webchat and each time the advisor says they will personnaly see that I will receive an email with the Amazon voucher code. This has been going on for weeks now and still nothing has been sent.

So, has anyone received Amazon vouchers and if so how long did it take?

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/refer-a-friend-terms-and-conditions

The reward will be sent to both parties within 3 months from your referred friend's connection.
Message 5 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would circumvent live chat and speak to customers services on 202.

And or http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 2 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There is another thread running (I'll see if I can find it) where it is said that it takes 3 to 4 months to receive the vouchers......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 31

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Official O2 thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Refer-a-Friend/m-p/584188/highlight/true#M7280
but if you type "o2 refer a friend" into search you will find a few more threads too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/refer-a-friend-terms-and-conditions

The reward will be sent to both parties within 3 months from your referred friend's connection.
Message 5 of 31

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

All the threads on reward vouchers seem to culminate in sending a complaint and it should take 3-4 months for vouchers to arrive. Speak to customer service first and then send off the complaint seems to be the way forward I'm afraid.

Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

to save u searching, i've just copy and pasted what I posted a few weeks ago, this may give u the reason why u havent received them yet, if not CS need to be made aware. hope this helps

Refer a Friend terms and conditions

1. Referred friends must buy a Pay Monthly contract online, directly from O2.co.uk for both parties to become eligible for the referral reward. This offer is not valid if redeemed in store, over the telephone or via third party sellers such as The Carphone Warehouse.
  2. Following successful validation of purchase instructions will be emailed to both the 'Referrer' and the 'Friend' regarding how to claim your reward.
  3. You reward will be an e-voucher, which will also be sent to you via email.
  4. The reward will be sent to both parties within 3 months from your referred friend's connection.
  5. You won't receive your reward if your friend is in arrears or disconnects from O2.
  6. You can't recommend yourself!
  7. Check that your friend is happy to hear about this offer from O2.
  8. We'll withhold rewards if we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity.
  9. Anybody can refer friends to O2, you do not have to be an O2 customer.
  10. This offer can't be used in conjunction with any other offer and it may be withdrawn at any time.
  11. Your friend must purchase the referred product directly after clicking on the link we will send them in their referral email. If they click on any other websites or advertising in between we will not be able to track the sale or pay either referral fees.
  12. If either party is already an O2 contract customer the terms of their O2 contract continue to apply.
  13. This offer is not applicable when referring a customer who already has a connected O2 pay monthly phone or SIM.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/ref​er-a-friend-terms-and-conditions

https://www.refero2.co.uk/mobile/default.aspx

Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

and just a quick note on the complaints link, it is up to 28 days for them to get back to u, so I would imagine that ringing customer services and ,if needed, getting a manager involved would be the fastest and easiest option . wink

Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have followed all the procedures when joining O2 via the referral scheme. I have 7 transcripts of conversations asking about the referral scheme before I joined and recent webchats.

I received the email message below, as did the person who referred me, so everything must have been approved.

If nothing happens soon I will seriously consider cancelling the direct debit for the last 4/5 months as £80 divided by £16.50 = 4.8 months of payment.

O2 are in breach of the conditions in which I joined them via the referral scheme.

"13/08/2014

Hi *****

Thank you for signing up with O2. We are pleased to inform you that your account has now been validated in our system and we can ask you to choose your reward. Please click the link below to select from the available options.

In order for you to confirm that this email is legitimate, at the top of this email, we have included the unique referral reference code as sent to you when you received your referral.

If you have any queries about this process, please do not hesitate to take a look at our frequently asked questions."

Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
The worst thing you could do is cancel your Direct debit.

This could lead to account suspension and debt collection agencies and defaults on your credit file for 6 years in the worst case scenario.
Message 10 of 31