cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Template (Potential): What do you think?

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

So, as you know, we get lots of great reviews on the community, either independently or as part of 'Try the Tech'.

I also mentioned a potential template that could be used, as we are looking into how reviews can be shown around the O2 site. The quality is so high it would be wonderful to share them on a wider scale slight_smile

So, below is the one currently used on the main device pages, as you can see, it contains an area for the main review body of content but has a few boxes to fill in about certain features/measurements.

Obviously not including the personal detail parts, what are your views on its structure and content? Would this help you write reviews, or present any issues?

Cant wait to hear what you all think!

review template.png

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks good. Now they'll all look the same! 😉
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A guideline is useful as long as a review gives a personal usage experience . Get rid of the email, age and gender boxes and it works for me.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks ok to me Toby

😄
Message 4 of 8

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'd agree with above - the personal stuff isn't necessary though I'd like to suggest "location" be expanded to "tested at these locations". Perhaps saying tested with 2G/3G/4G? The ease of use category is highly subjective so maybe elaborate to state the operating system alongside. 

I'm of the opinion that the review should be read first before the reader has seen the overall rating so I'd like it moved to the end. After all, having written the review I'd want people to read it before looking at the star rating!

Message 5 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Some great points here, thanks very much and do keep them coming.

Just to add, this would never be mandatory by any means, only if you wanted your review to be featured on the device pages themselves. Within the community, you can write however you like slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Just to add, this would never be mandatory by any means, only if you wanted your review to be featured on the device pages themselves. Within the community, you can write however you like slight_smile

I am glad you added this @Toby  I read every review. The joy for me is the personal touch that members add to their experience of using the device.

If it becomes too structured and formal then a lot will be lost in my opinion...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good points @sheepdog to which I would add:-

(1) Need to mention the make, model, OS version etc of item being reviewed - perhaps this could replace the "Review Title" which very often is misleading or somewhat meaningless as in the example given of "Great Features".  The title is what one might use to search for a review and to me it goes without saying that "great features" is what we all might reasonably expect to find in most modern phones, tablets etc.

(2) There is no need in an equipment review to include a rating of one's inclination to recommend O2 to friends;

(3) Why are the ratings relating to the equipment "stars out of 5" whereas the "recommendation of O2" is out of 10?  This sort of inconsistency gives a poor impression.

(4)  Rather than (or in addition to star ratings)  reviews that contain "I liked x,y,z" and "I did not like a,b,c" are much more helpful to those thinking of purchasing new equipment.

Message 8 of 8