Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That's great to hear Helen and I'm sure Toby will feedback your comments....
If only everyone would approach situations in a calm and sensible manner, as you have, problems would be sorted more easily slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 463

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Toby,

I have looked for a place where I can give positive feedback (something I don't do very often).

That's an excellent outcome and it's good of you to post this, I'm sure it will be passed on to those who helped you. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 42 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Helen, welcome to the O2 community

Some lovely words there about Mark.

I shall pass them on today for you. If you have any ideas of how to improve chat, don't hesitate to come back and post your thoughts.

EDIT: I edited out the full name Helen, as I have done previously. Rest assured, I'll make sure gets your message.

Cheers!

Get involved:

Message 43 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used live chat quite a few times and have usually had a good experience. Usually they answer my questions and solve them.

On my latest live chat however, they told me contradictory information and I wasn't impressed. I asked if it was free to upgrade data from a 3G plan to a 4G plan. The advisor told me it was free and it all sounded good. I then asked for confirmation that my charges wouldn't change and they told me they would increase by £5 per month if I upgraded to 4G.

I font know why they told me two different costs 😞
Message 44 of 463

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I usually do the livechat rather than calling O2 as it is easier, it's possible to get a record of what was said incase it is need for the future (email it to myself) and it saves being on hold and listening to the dreaded O2 music.

I've had quite a few chats and i'd say about 80% of them were smooth and helped me with the problem that I had.

I remember on one occasion that an O2 advisor basically couldn't be bothered talking to me.  I tried to give as much information as possible and he replied the general phrase 'I'll help you with this' but then he didn't help.  He asked me to take the sim out to give him the serial number and I explained that I couldn't as I was out and did not have the sim key thingy to get the sim out (iPhone 5).  He said he could not help as it was part of security.  I advised him that i'd already answered 4 security questions correctly - which were my current balance, my address, the date of my last top up and what tariff I am on.  The advisor said he could not help and he ended the chat.

Since that experience I have had a few little issues and asked to speak to supervisors.  One on occasion I was told I couldn't even though I asked about 5 or 6 times. 

It does annoy me sometimes when you speak to someone on livechat and they seem to be typing word for word out of a book.  Sometimes what they are saying is nothing to do with what you asked.

Overall I think that the livechat can be handy and helpful in some situations, the easy solutions, but it doesn't help with the more technical issues. 

Message 45 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used chat so many times, but unfortunately I have found that they can only sort out the most basic of problems, because they seem to read from a script, the chat is very sterile, I have actually had one advisor completely ignore what I am asking, and just sending me pastes of information which was just not relevant, would love to see some chats redirected to the UK so they can understand more what we are trying to acheive. 

Message 46 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Sorry to hear about that aircanman1.

Has it improved recently?

Keep the feedback coming guys, I'll feed it back to the chat team.

Get involved:

Message 47 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

what i struggle with is the stupidity of some of the exchanges:

"You please reply on that reply you got form mycare@o2mail.co.uk.

Then you will be able to contact, our team will contact you back."

this in response to the fact that, having emailed mycare at o2mail dot co dot uk as advised by Chat Person, i get this in reponse:
"Hello Thanks for your email. Sorry - as you've not contacted us through our website, we'll not be able to reply to your email."

so I am apparently unable to have any written email communcation with o2 support.

muy estupido. Smiley Frustrated
Message 48 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

having managed to actually inmiaite an email exchange with O2 Customer Services, can anyone help me to translate this gem:

"I must assure you that any calls to our customer services are free from
Pay Monthly number and are not disconnected until customer disconnects
the call. If you experienced that you have been hung up on occasions
without being treated decently and provided with resolution, is a worry.
I assure you that such occurrences are intolerable and shall be look
into severely."

this is in response to my query about whether it is possible to put Call Limits in place to prevent the repeat of a 2.5 hour 'call', for which I was billed over £30, which was the result of my phone/my wife's o2 phone failing to disconnect correctly.

john

Message 49 of 463

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Pablo has already posted here what caps O2 can put in place on accounts http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Children-s-phones-how-to-limit-the-charges/m-p/6...
As already said, what you want is not possible. Unfortunately, you need to ensure you properly disconnect your calls in future. If you have an android phone you will see the top of the screen goes green if you navigate away from the call screen when a call is active, so it's easy to check.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 50 of 463