cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secruity risk and disgusting customer service!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is unfortunately my second negative post for which I apologise.

But I am seeking advise - My o2 number has now been inactive for a week, this is because o2 ported my number over to Vodaphone by a fraud request over the phone through my account which may or may not be hacked (under investigation) . o2 failed to ask the secruity questions and made the transaction with out me knowing what was going on.

since the 29th I have constantly been on the phone to customer service where they have advised me my number will be back within 24 hours, each day a new customer service advisor the same story but still no sign of my number being reconnected. I find it disgusting how o2 have given me timeframes and never stuck to one, over 15 advisors have said they will ring me back and still they have not rang me which is a disgrace.

I then find out that the fraud team only find out about my case 5 days after the incident and advise me that it will take 4-6 days to investigate the situation, they two said my number will be ported back by the morning!

I am fed up of trying to resolve this and feel like I am doing all the chasing for a massive o2 secruity mistake!

the question I have is how do I leave o2 as I cant afford not to have a live number due to work and I am more than happy to move to a new operator as the moey i pay o2 I trusted them with the secruity of my account but they have breached this and I am very uncomfortable at the possibilty this could happend again and I lose a week of phonecalls/business

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Why is this post showing twice in Latest topics?

I don't need much to get me confused but I can't understand that Smiley Frustrated

I also understand from the OPs previous post of the 4th July, that Toby was looking at this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Op has duplicated 

I've asked for one to be removed. 

Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi BoB. I have also edited my first post to say that @Toby  was addressing the issue for the Op

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi BoB. I have also edited my first post to say that @Toby  was addressing the issue for the Op

Indeed he is but going by the tone of the OP'S latest thread confidence has been lost in any resolution.

😞 

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

If thats the case, it's a shame because it was only 2 days ago that @Toby posted about the help he was giving.. Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunely toby, can only put my case forward and try and speed up the process, i am grateful for his efforts but nothing has been done and the bottom line is I still have no phone.

o2 send me a pay as you go sim to tide me over but have offered me no credit so to use it I have to pay more money. kick in the teeth really from them

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toby I'm sure will do as much as he can within his own remit. 

He has to let the departments set up for this do their thing. 

Did you ask for any gwg credit ? If not then do so. 

They can in certain circumstances. 

Until then I know your frustrated but this has to run its course. 

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

what is gwg credit sorry?

Message 10 of 19