cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 signal booster???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will OR does 02 have a signal booster? I moved house not long ago and dont have a signal and have to travel about 2 miles before i get a signal but i was wondering if 02 have some kind of signal booster like the 1 that vodafone have that plugs into the router of the persons house?
I think it would be a great idea for them to have as i like 02 and wouldnt want to leave.

Thanks in advance folks
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
There has been a few threads on this subject but from those threads, it seems that O2 have no immediate plans to introduce signal boosters such as the Vodafone femtocells,

Here are a couple of those links and you can do a search for others ::

viewtopic.php?t=13035&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

viewtopic.php?t=38777&highlight=femtocells
Message 2 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
And this one:

http://getsatisfaction.com/o2/topics/ar ... _have_done
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
got this reply from 02 MAYBE THEY WANT TO GET OFF THERE COMPUTER AND COME AND SEE THAT THERE IS NO CHNACE OF A SIGNAL HERE cant belive they have said it is fine #### im going vodafone when contract is up Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Good evening Cameron

Thanks for your email about the network issue.

Cameron, I've checked the coverage in your ******** area and can confirm
that the network seems to be absolutely fine for you to use your phone.
I've set out a few steps for you to follow, which may help to solve any
problem that you have with your SIM:

- turn off your phone
- take out your SIM of your phone
- wipe it with a soft, dry cloth
- put the SIM back into the phone and turn it back on again
- try using your SIM with another O2 compatible phone. This is to check
if there's a problem with your phone or SIM.

If you don't know anyone else with an O2 phone, just call in to your
nearest O2 store and they'll be happy to try this for you. To find your
nearest O2 store you can call on 0800224477 or by clicking on the link
below:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cameron, there is no need to be rude.
You should know that all the mobile companies tested femtocells and all but Vodafone decided that they didn't yet work properly. If you head over to the Vodafone forums you will see very many unhappy people that have been let down.
The truth is that they don't yet work properly and don't integrate well with the existing network.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I left o2 for vodafone because they said i had a good signal in my area, well it was less than pathetic. Their Sure Signal box is a complete waste of time. No one answers problems on their forum for this and as for phoneing them.......forget it.

I have returned to o2 and while the signal is not great at home there are places within the house i can make a call from, the toilet being one 😐 .

There is a signal booster on Amazon, a GSM 900 that does both o2 and Vodafone, why not orange i don't know seeing as all providers are on the same bands.

I have asked more questions from the main supplier and am awaiting a reply. The Amazon one is £80.00, This gives 6Db gain. There is also the P version of this at £119.00 that gives 7Db gain. Whether the 1Db gain is worth the extra £40.00 is the point.

With Amazon your pretty safe about returns, the shop gives a money back gaurantee.

I have nothing to gain from any of this, it's just me browsing around that has found this info. If you have big pockets then you can get bigger and better hardware.
Message 7 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
hawkeye

what type are these boosters if they are the mini recievers / transmitters type i.e. 2 antennas one outside to a powered box with an internal antenna they are illegal for use in the uk.

02 and voda had 900 to start orange and one 2 one had 1800 to start.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just spend an extremely frustrating morning trying to track down O2's 'Boostbox'. This is a device that plugs into your router. It takes a weak signal, amplifies it and transmits a much stronger signal to your mobile via WiFi.

Go on to O2's website and you can see several pages covering FAQs relating to the boostbox; you can see that O2 sells 2 versions - a small and large with the small being for home/small office use; there is also a detailed description on its benefits and how to install one. There is no information how to acquire one.

Contact O2 and it gets interesting.

The product is only available through the 'business account' side of O2. If you do not have a business a/c with them they claim not to have your details, cannot raise an invoice and therefore cannot sell you one. There is no flexibility.

The private customer side of O2 and their Customer Services Department have mostly not heard of the product!

I live in a 'black spot'. All my immediate neighbours have difficulty getting a signal. Some with a Vodafone contract have easily purchased Vodafone's similar 'Sure signal' product and found this to drammatically improve their reception.

I do not need a business a/c with O2 but I do require an improvement in the service I get from them and find it wholly absurd to be told they have a remedy but will not provide it to me due to some internal administrative ruling. Many of their own staff equally believe this to be absurd.

The answer for me will be to transfer to Vodafone as soon as I am able - which seems to be what several other angry O2 customers intend to do.....if comments posted on several blogs are anything to go on.

Wake up O2!

Message 9 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The Boostbox and the unit used by Vodafone don't seem to be a reliable solution, O2 are bringing out a new service called TuGo which will allow calls over your home wi-fi which is due for release we hope very soon and it appears to be a much better solution for people in poor reception areas.

http://www.eurocomms.com/features/analysis/8406-telefonica-digital-gets-ready-tugo-for-5-billion-pri...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 17