cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Annoyed customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Up until today, i thought that o2 were a decent company, now i see that they are just like all the rest of the thieving telecom companies, who commit fraudulant activity around the UK,.

Let me explain.

In Jan 2014 i started taxying, and purchased a contract, 2 year, with a nexus 5 phone, for £27 per month.

In sept 2014 i left the job due to earnings being crap, and not being able to support myself.. ie £150 for 80+ hours a week.

Up until December 8th my bills were paid every single month.

On december 8th my bill was due, i couldnt pay it.. on the 22nd december o2 turned off my phone.

on december 27th i tried to pay the bill via the automated payment line, but couldnt (phone turned off). also i had no internet at the time.

Now i have no objection to them turning the phone off, even though it was pretty quick 14 days.. when i was doing this it was 28 days minimum before termination could be processed..

anyway, as i said, no problem

Today jan 22 2015 i paid my entire bill in full.. (£65) that is the december payment and the jan payment *which isnt yet overdue.

i phone o2 to be told in no uncertain terms,. You NEED TO PAY A RECONNECT FEE..

WWWWHHHHHAAAATTTTT

Im sorry.. but

1. i pay you £27 a month for a phone, I normally use no where near the amount of alloted minutes..

2. i have a 2 year contract.. ie YOU ARE BY LAW, OBLIGED TO PROVIDE ME WITH ANOTHER YEAR ON THE CONTRACT

3, disconnecting someone, and then charging them for reconnection is paramount to fraudulant activity.. (good money making scam)

NOW..

As i said, i have no problem with the disconnection..

my problem comes from the fact, i am no longer working, i am struggling but managing to pay the monthly bills.. I have one year to go on the contract, and now you demand more money (*EVEN THOUGH THE BILL IS CLEAR) Sorry not going to happen.

I am currently speaking with legal representation with regards to this..

i was basically told on the phone,.. either pay the connection fee, or pay the contract off.. (and people wonder why people end up in debt)

I still have a 12 month contract.. IF YOU ARE REFUSING TO RECONNECT THE PHONE< YOU ARE IN BREACH OF THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT.

not me.......!!!

Keith

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
  • 123300 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Very good point of view @cyrillicguy  makes sense...and yes as customers we are always the people who apparently should be 'grateful' for receiving a service we are paying heavily for slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 32 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@cyrillicguy ......why not submit your purchase contract to O2 with clauses that you require and see if it's accepted ?  wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 33 of 46

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@cyrillicguy ......why not submit your purchase contract to O2 with clauses that you require and see if it's accepted ?  wink

I might do slight_smile Need to evaluate my chances of it being accepted by O2 first. Any predictions? slight_smile

Message 34 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Talking about contract terms.... Is it just me, or would anyone else agree with the opinion that the terms of most of the contracts are very much imbalanced? Looking at them I always get the impression that it's the customer who always "must...", "is obliged to...", but not so much the company? I mean, say if the company is not able to provide a service (technical reasons etc...), I'd have to just bite the bullet and wait for the company to fix it "as soon as they can", yet to continue paying. If any compensation follows, it always seems to be a "goodwill gesture", nothing there states that the company "must" compensate me, as there are almost no guarantees of service availability. But if a customer is unable to provide timely payments (could also be down to various genuine reasons) then he/she is getting penalized left, right and center...

But what gun were they holding when they forced you to agree to the terms and sign?

Message 36 of 46

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Talking about contract terms.... Is it just me, or would anyone else agree with the opinion that the terms of most of the contracts are very much imbalanced? Looking at them I always get the impression that it's the customer who always "must...", "is obliged to...", but not so much the company? I mean, say if the company is not able to provide a service (technical reasons etc...), I'd have to just bite the bullet and wait for the company to fix it "as soon as they can", yet to continue paying. If any compensation follows, it always seems to be a "goodwill gesture", nothing there states that the company "must" compensate me, as there are almost no guarantees of service availability. But if a customer is unable to provide timely payments (could also be down to various genuine reasons) then he/she is getting penalized left, right and center...

But what gun were they holding when they forced you to agree to the terms and sign?

They're holding no gun, but that does not affect my opinion on how fair are their contract terms slight_smile

Message 37 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would never sign a contract I wasn't happy with,
Message 38 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

I might do slight_smile Need to evaluate my chances of it being accepted by O2 first. Any predictions? slight_smile

O2 wouldn't need to formally accept them......if they proceeded to supply the order after receiving your contract then acceptance is implied.

Just as if you proceed to use a phone on their network, acceptance of O2's contract is implied.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 39 of 46

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I would never sign a contract I wasn't happy with,

Agreed. I don't normally, however in case of mobile networks - for me being able to stay in touch whilst on the move is a must, and in terms of "voting with my feet" and going to another provider... well, all the terms of all the providers are pretty much similar as far as I can see, so is their attitude to customers. So, there are really two choices there - either don't own a mobile, or to accept the status quo, and I can't afford not to own a mobile, if I could, I would get rid of one right away.

Again, this is all just my opinion slight_smile

Message 40 of 46