cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
####

Just bought a brand new HTC Hero, unlocked in white and am being told by O2 that they do not directly support this phone so I cant get 3G at all unless I some how get the settings from HTC themselves!!??

####
Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've heard that O2 have now added the Hero profile so MMS should come through at normal size. I've not had one yet to confirm this though, so don't blame me if it's incorrect, haha!

Seems like it doesn't work yet after all. 😞
Message 21 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have tried this on the tattoo, and it didn't work.
Then again I couldn't get WAP/internet on my Razr before that (though I could on an old Nokia I had before THAT), so I don't know if it's the network, the SIM or an issue to do with it being a new model...
Message 22 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody,
This is Stephen, What is the difference between 3G & H? In both of which are very faster?
Message 23 of 87

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
H is faster than 3G.
MUCH faster. slight_smile
Message 24 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
H is faster than 3G.
MUCH faster. slight_smile

A couple of queries re the Hero
If you're in a 3G area does the Hero disply "3" at the top of the screen at the data icon?
If you see an "H" does that mean your sim card is 3G enabled?
Message 25 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I have entered these to a T on my magic and still no luck, can anyone think of anything else. If I am at home on WiFi it is fine.

Cheers
Message 26 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried these instructions on the tattoo and unfortunately cannot get it to work, has anyone else had similar problems and no how to solve it? its works fine on wifi.

kelly
Message 27 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, had my HTC Hero on an Orange contract for a few months but somehow managed to convince Orange to give me the unlock code (costs £20) and have now got it unlocked and using the o2 simplicity (30 day rolling contract) sim. Like everyone else, on first install of the o2 sim I had no internet unless I turned on the wifi, then it connected via my broadband router.
Inputting the details in the previous posts the internet and MMS now seems to work fine but............

how can you check you get any of the GPRS, EDGE, 3G or HSDPA modes ?

as all I've seen so far is GPRS, EDGE

does anyone know ?

Steve
Message 28 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kelly, I take it that you have a SIM free or unlocked Tattoo?

Spd.
Message 29 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one know if it is possible to set up the HTC touch pro 2 to connect to the internet using 3G. I have an 02 Text and Web sim card, and the phone is unlocked.
Message 30 of 87