cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost/stolen by yodel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone give me some information please. I have been patiently awaiting the delivery of my new iphone 4s 32gb from O2 but it still hadn't arrived so I have contacted O2 who inform me it has been delivered and signed for..........um, not by me it hasn't!!! We live in a nice neighbourhood along a private driveway, most of our neighbours are elderly so are in all of the time so I have checked with them and they haven't seen a delivery van at all either.
I wouldn't mind but I have been with 3 network for years and just fancied a change. Can anyone tell me what happens now as o2 are being very unhelpful because as far as they are concerned it has been signed for. As it wasn't an upgrade but a new contract it had the sim with it too. They have said they will block the sim but will they also block the imei as I would hate for some thieving hark to benefit from this.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is becoming a regulaur occurance and its happending more in the lead up to xmas , yodel workers probably trying to get some extra presents
they have a bad reputation mate
why o2 dont use royal mail special delivery i dont know , i work for royal mail and special deliverys are trated exactly as their name suggests ''special''
we darent loose one and they are kept seperate from other packages and we have to make sure they are delivered by 1pm and no later , we even have to break off our round and go deliver it if we wont make it
not only that but every royal mail worker is screened before being allowed to work for them meaning no crooks make it through the vine and 99.9% of us are just hard working individuals that want to do a good job
yodel sound like complete crap and it makes me a bit mad that o2 arent supporting royal mail and would rather work with the crooks when we would do a much much better job
i was out delivering in the dark today just because we had so much to deliver , people faces when they get their packages after 5.30pm makes it worth it slight_smile
i dont finish the job till the round is done and every package is delivered yodel are just mickey mouse delivery drivers that give the rest of us a bad name
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid there are several threads on here about Yodel. Phones not turning up - being lost - signed for but never delivered to the right person. It looks to me that this is becoming a big issue.
I've no doubt we see only a handful of the stories here, so why O2 persist with Yodel beats me.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64937&hilit=Yodel
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=71243&hilit=Yodel
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71176&hilit=Yodel
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=71212&hilit=Yodel
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i ordered same iphone 4s 32gb 17 days ago, 2 orders have already been lost by yodel, now on my third delivery, i agree royal mail special delivery is by far the best service, we use this at my workplace & have had never had a problem,
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do they keep a visual record of the signature for delivery, the same way Royal Mail special deliveries do? I'm sure if you raise an official complaint, they can track which courier it was and which house he said he delivered it to and who signed for it, at least to try and find out who ended up with it.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just so you know, they've know changed from Yodel to DPD. Yodel had a lot of parcels going missing since they rebranded from DHL.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
yodel apparently delivered my iphone last night at 2140, I had waited in all day. the signature looks to be missed as the 'pda failure'
I seriously suspect it has been half inched
raised it with O2 and they are looking into it
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 use Yodel and DPD but I think DPD just do swaps, reading all these complaints it would definatly appear that Yodel have some serious issues but I cant imagine that it's easy for a company like o2 to quickly change delivery agents, they'll probably have a contract with them for xx years so are probably stuck with them.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reading this has made my heart sink! I've waited in all day for my new phone to be delivered - and so far at 16.52pm - nothing!
I've taken a day off work for nothing!
Message 9 of 9