cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS discount and galaxy S6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mega gutted o2 are not offering their 30% discount on the galaxy S6 yet, not sure why as I received it on the S5 when that was first released.......... 😞

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Cleoriff
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I presume you are still within the 14 days cooling off period? If you could get a better deal elsewhere then you may want to cancel the contract with O2 and sort out something else?

Only problem is O2 Open WILL be available on the S6 at some point....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff 

Yes, I am indeed within the cooling off period. I am thinking of returning it on principle more than anything! I feel I have been mis-sold the product.

My contract was ready for renew anyway, so I am unsure as to if I could now take the carphone deal, seeing as I have technically now upgraded. I will have to ask them. My old Iphone was also on its last legs, so I do need a new handset. I will have to consider other phones maybe, as while it is a great handset, indeed the S6 is rather expensive just now. And yes, it would be useful to know when the discount would be applicable. I suppose we can only wait to hear- but I will ask when  I go to the shop, just in case they know...!

Message 42 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

We have asked one of our community coordinator's @Anonymous  to find out this info @Anonymous 

There have been many others disappointed with the decision not to allow Open immediately on this handset

Only ever been done with newly released iPhones in the past.

Also I think the very fact you were 'miss-sold' the phone is every reason for cancelling. (Though it is an absolutely beautiful handset)..Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 108

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You are perfectly within your rights to return the phone and it shouldn't affect you upgrading via CPW.

Message 44 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh that's terrible! I was also told over the phone when I was about to pre-order that the discount would be applied but glad I never went ahead at that point.
O2 will end up loosing customers at this rate! I can get a discount at pretty much every other network for this phone but was happy to stay with O2.
I'm sitting here with my old iphone5 which is dying on me. I'm on an £18 a month rolling contract and I'm happily willing to give them an extra £15+ a month! It's madness!

Get your finger out O2 and start rewarding your loyal customers!!!
Message 45 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice everyone. I will let you know what I end up doing! Also looking forward to the response from @Anonymous.

Message 46 of 108

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Get your finger out O2 and start rewarding your loyal customers!!!

There's that word again !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a bad word?

You'd think it would be easy enough for O2 to inform their staff correctly on this discount which must get used a lot.
Message 48 of 108

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
No, it's just not a word that is in O2's dictionary wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 108

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It depends on how you interpret the word. It certainly doesn't apply in any way shape or form when uttered in the same sentence as O2.

Message 50 of 108