cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS discount and galaxy S6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mega gutted o2 are not offering their 30% discount on the galaxy S6 yet, not sure why as I received it on the S5 when that was first released.......... 😞

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very disappointed about this. Got the HTC M8 when it was released. No issues there with open discount. HTC M9 has the discount (I think) and that's a flagship so what is the difference with the S6 Edge? I'm buzzing to get my new handset but this has put a downer on it. Can anyone give a reason why?

Went into o2 shop and the guy didn't think they would be doing it.

I've applied for this discount anyway so let's wait and see!

Always been a loyal o2 customer
Message 31 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

do you currently have the S6 edge? keep us posted.

Again on the phone they said discount wasnt available. I have 2 recorded chat conversations that said it is so deffo gonna complain but waiting for someone to get back to me. 

Message 32 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many yes my tariff changed overnight and was delivered today. I'm not at home right now so still using my m8 but as I said tariff has changed.

Please keep me in the loop if you have any luck. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. Why they penalise you for getting the latest phone is anyone's idea!
Message 33 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone had any luck with this yet?
Message 34 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 123516 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Not had any further updates so I will ask @Anonymous  for more clarification

We want to know whether it is both the S6 and S6 Edge excluded....  Also when the discount WILL be available on these phones?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 108

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
Already asked the question in post #30.
Until Marina gets back to us there is nothing more we can add here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 36 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 123516 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Already asked the question in post #30.
Until Marina gets back to us there is nothing more we can add here.

I know you had asked Rich.....but as there had been no response I just thought I would 'call' again ..Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 108

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
Can't get the staff these days tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 38 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 123516 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Can't get the staff these days tongue

There is that....LOL..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

As someone who has just got this phone, I can confirm that  the S6 is not currently included on o2 open.

However, it is disappointing the way that o2 has dealt with the matter. The assistant even helped me to add o2 open to the contract...only to receive a text telling me the phone is not included. I was not told by any o2 representative in any of the shops I visited that it would be excluded. I chose the contract on the basis I could use the discount. The carphone warehouse also offered me an exclusive deal- that now I wish I had gone for...as a loyal o2 user, I am also not very happy with this service.

Message 40 of 108