cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 Plus instore pre order confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am slightly confused with the pre order that i did in store on 12th September. Here is the story

I wanted to upgrade so tried to do so on the website, which we all know took a bit of a battering that day, so i thought I would take a wonder into town and preorder instore.

I got there, and sat down with the staff member who asked me what tariff etc. i was after, so i told him. I went for the Iphone 6 plus unlimited texts. Unlimited calls 2gb data, which was £9.99 upfront.

I was then told that there was a minimum deposit of £49.99 to pay for the preorder. Fine no issues. So he asked for my mobile number which resulted in a text being sent o my phone that he took the code from to locate my account and verify me. He tapped the keys located the tariff smiled and took £49.99 from my card.

Brilliant i thought all sorted. I then received 2 emails on my phone

The first thanking me for my o2 preorder with a reference number, the second being a receipt for my payment.

All running like clockwork. He then explained that the handsets estimated date for collection from the store was 07/10/2014. Not an issue I can live with that. He then said, we will do the upgrade when you come in.... so i take it all i have done is told the store i am interested and they have not actually connected my order to my account??? I say this because I checked my o2 account when i got home, viewed my orders and it says i have not ordered anything. Not a dickie bird.

Is this right? So far I’ve paid £49.99 deposit yet nothing is showing on my o2 account... should i chase that or just standby?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Yeah it's normal with preorders. They take any upfront payments as the pre order is placed, and do the actual upgrade when delivered or collected to make sure you have the phone and tariff before any bill cycle is due.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Store orders won't show in MyO2 as you would see from similar threads on here. No need to panic.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Yeah it's normal with preorders. They take any upfront payments as the pre order is placed, and do the actual upgrade when delivered or collected to make sure you have the phone and tariff before any bill cycle is due.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi jimbowapwap and Welcome to the Forum.

As said nothing new won't occur until the iPhone is despatched , your new tariff will begin ,and you'll recieve the tracking information too.

I can see your a bit worried so for peace of mind you can contact Customer Service on 202 just to clarify the details.

Enjoy your new phone when you have it. slight_smile

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144686 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
To put your mind at rest further I'll be the 4th respondent to tell you that is perfectly normal slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Unfortunately due to the many threads people aren't searching for the questions already asked in most of the threads.

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123135 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Unfortunately due to the many threads people aren't searching for the questions already asked in most of the threads.

All true...they are just starting new ones (3 new from the ones you listed yesterday @jonsie ) I have mentioned it on that thread...... (best of luck finding it Crazy)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Jimbowapwap,

Just to let you know, I've moved this thread to the Apple section of the community.

Welcome to the community slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

I did have a trawl throught the other posts (dont want people thinking i was being lazy).

Thanks for the helpful responses, appreciate it

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10