cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help :  my 10 wks old M8 has cracked screen & o2 spectacularly unhelpful.   Believe almost impossible to replace screen myself - anyone else had this experience pls ?      I note that in US this phone comes with 6 months warranty on the screen as it`s so expensive to replace.      

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144557 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Unfortunately the only way you'd get warranty to cover this is if you can prove that it is a manufacturing defect or design flaw.
Otherwise, you need to claim of any insurance (house, bank, specific phone insurance) or pay for the repair yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
How did the cracked screen happen ?

Was it accidental or did the crack appear ?

Of the latter them argue that case.

See if the manufacturer uk support centre can help you.

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

If the phone still works and the crack isn't too deep perhaps affix a screen shield which can sometimes help hide the crack.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not good news as said how did it happen
Message 4 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Consumers have been held to ramsom with touchscreen phones for a while now because they are thinner, more liable to be damaged they have high-resistance glass fitted. Then people accidently damage their screens or due to badly fitted handsets, they develop stress fractures. 

A lot is to do with manufacturers and not Corning Industries; so far this hasn't happened to me. Even after all the damage my Galaxy S2 suffered I had no damage to the screen. Also I think the insurance for the mobile telephones now are pretty useless and impracticable.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 5