cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my o2 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best way to cancel my contract? I got into a debate over the online chat as the person refused to give me the details I needed to cancel and there appears to be no info on the website. Weird thing is I found an o2 contract from car phone warehouse which was SO much cheaper so obviously want to switch over but need to cancel my current contract to start the other with o2 but under car phone warehouse!! I have tried calling and seem to be on hold for AGES! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145024 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
All methods covered in this help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 145024 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
All methods covered in this help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hello @Anonymous, the best thing is to call first thing in the morning and someone in the UK Call Centre will help you. They need 30 days notice to do it.

Have you tried popping in to an O2 store to see if they will price-match your CPWH deal?
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23215 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

Really? Someone from Live Chat refused to give you cancellation details? That's a serious accusation. Why would they do that? Do you have a transcript of the conversation? If you don't have it but know the date and time you could get the transcript and should lodge a complaint. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you are staying with o2 surely CPW,  as a trusted partner, can simply upgrade you. No Refresh contract though.

Message 5 of 5