cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop phoning me from 01612776642

Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiving daily unsolicted calls from O2 on 01612776642.

I have great difficulty speaking on the phone due to medical problems amd when I tried to speak to the woman that called yesterday, the vile creature just slammed the phone down on me. 

I tried to report this using your "live chat" - because O2 refuse to provide an email address or even the most basic way to make a complaint without speaking or using 19th century "snail mail" and the idiot I got through to was deliberately obstructive (he refused to say whether or not the call was genuine and slimed useless, evasive garbage like saying "that's a landline" when I demanded an answer).  Th idiot even tried to turn my call into a sale-pitch - asking if i am "happy with my phone"!!!!!

I just received ANOTHER call from the same number - again from some stating that he's calling from O2.  When I told him that you denied any knowledge of that number, he insisted that he was calling from O2.

I have googled the number and there's no doubt that it's O2 doing this - http://checkwhocalled.co.uk/phone-number/01612776642 is one of many examples all reporting this annoying trash in the last few days.

Since you refuse to permit us to contact you except via a pointless and clearly abused system that conveniently doesn't allow us to keep copies of the lies and drivel your staff are paid to spout to fob us off - will you kindly get these calls stopped immediately and tell your management that your sales drones are hanging-up on disabled customers and your "live chat" staff are making O2 look like a bunch of crooks.

Needless to say you won't care but I'll be taking my business to another provider - I won't pay money over to companies that abuse me for being disabled.

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sign into my O2 and the More tab to change your marketing options. The default is on.

Send an email complaint to the address in the link below.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 58

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Flagged for @Toby who I'm sure will send you a PM to discuss this further.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know you say this is O2 but I have checked 5 other sites via Google and all I am getting is not recognised other than for spam calling...

Is this via your mobile? if so why dont you block it?  I do this with every unrecognised number I get..

Also have a look at this link about spam calls

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 58

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Lovely to see you back but i wish it was under better circumstances!

Please send me a PM with your personal info and we can look into his for you and hopefully ensure it stops if you do not need it.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie - I've been opted-out of all marketing for years (I know that companies get around that by pretending to make "service calls" then launching into sales pitch).   thanks for the email link for complaints - I can't find that listed anywhere on their site

Also - tried to check my marketting prefs just now but can't find the link anywhere on the "My O2" labyrinth.  The "More" menu doesn't cover it - even on the many different "My O2" pages and sections (it's a mess)

Message 6 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The More box is here ..after you log into MyO2 and click on your number you see these headings....

Capture.more.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 58

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The more tab should have a link to my choices which allows you to alter marketing and sharing information. The big problems these days is that o2 share your information with trusted partners. Telephone base lists are big money to all types of companies, these trusted partners in turn sell them on.

Blocking that particular would obviously stop them but rest assured your details will have been shared with the world and his son. Disgraceful.

Message 8 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toby

Don't bother - I'm moving to another provider.

Receiving the calls is not the BIG problem - that's just a minor irritation which ought to have been easily dealt with. 

It's the appaling attitude of your staff that's riled me - starting with a vile woman who thinks it's acceptable to hang-up on someone when she can't be bothered to deal with a speech impediment (when she was the one calling me for her benefit and against my wishes) - and then the sneering idiot who thought he was being clever by sidestepping my questions yesterday and even effectively calling me a liar.

Message 9 of 58

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The more into detail you go the more I am convinced this is not o2 calling you.

Message 10 of 58