Did you mean: 

O2 Legacy Account

gesbit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I took out a 12 month contract with O2 in November 2023. I received the following email in April:

Hi,

Urgent reminder about your O2 account

We’ve been trying to contact you about your mobile services. We’re changing our billing system and, as a result, we’ll no longer be able to provide you with mobile services. Please call us urgently on 202 to discuss your options.

Please call us as soon as possible on 0808 281 6956 (Monday - Friday 10am to 7pm), free from your O2 mobile, on 202 or dial 0344 809 0202.

If we don’t hear from you by [15/05/2024], your SIM and mobile number will stop working. Any additional paid services, such as device insurance, O2 Extended Warranty or subscriptions you may have, will also terminate at this time.

If you decide to leave us before [15/05/2024] and want to keep your mobile phone number, please call us on 202 to get your PAC, which will be valid until your O2 mobile number is disconnected. But we’d love you to stay! Whatever you decide to do, we’ll waive any early termination charges, which means that we’ll pay off your current device plan for you. Please call us on 0808 281 6956 to discuss your options. We’re here to help.

Thanks,

O2

I contacted O2 as requested and after being transferred to the new payment system, I was told that O2 could no longer honour my contract and it would have to increase the monthly cost. I was disgusted as this was only 5 months into the contract. I requested a pac code and duly transferred to Smarty. 

Since then I have been billed once more but today I have received a bill for the remaining amount of the contract. 

I have tried to contact the O2 legacy team and spent over an hour and a half on hold without success. I have contacted 202 only to be told that they cannot access the account and I would have to contact the legacy team who are not answering the phone. There is no one to email, and I cannot access the account as it has disappeared from my O2.

I am appalled that firstly O2 have broken my contract, secondly I have been billed a termination charge when the email clearly states that would not happen and thirdly that the legacy department are not answering the phone.

Just an additional point that I raised a complaint about the breaking of the contract and guess what, no one has been in touch. What a disgusting way to treat customers.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6912 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

Does not surprise me, O2 seem to have lost the plot with this change of system.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145693 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28013 Solutions

Yep, you couldn't make it up.

Only O2 could screw up on this scale!

make a complaint

Customer Complaints Code

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6938 Posts
  • 129 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@gesbit wrote:

Just an additional point that I raised a complaint about the breaking of the contract and guess what, no one has been in touch. What a disgusting way to treat customers.

You do not say @gesbit when you lodged your formal complaint, but we believe that it is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to customer complaints. Hence, the matter could still be under investigation.  

The Code of Practice that @MI5 has given you a link to details your potential next moves depending on when you actually submitted your complaint. 👍 

Message 4 of 4