cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounding out a new idea (I think) - "O2 delay"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought for those of us who text friends/loved ones late at night - you want them to know you've replied, and in as good a time as possible - but you don't necessarily want to wake them up to do so. Would O2 be able to provide a delay on the alert of a text message - eg, start your message with *delay 7am* and the message is delivered but with minimal flashing/beeping until 7am? Or would this be something Apple would have to do… Or a combo of the two?

What do you think, could this take off?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It's a fact though for most people, we don't know or use every feature or capability of a modern smart phone.

Kind of like our brains, or 'brians' as an old friend of mine used to say. Smiley Very Happy

Certainly applies to my 'brian'...:smileyhappy:

Message 31 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
The message scheduler on the note 3 is great I've used it quite a lot on birthdays etc
Message 32 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to get some responses, thanks guys.

I suppose it is the problem with a poor memory that is the issue. Working busy nights, I don't want to wake someone up but I do want to get the reply sent. If I don't do it when I get the chance, I might miss it later. The android delay feature would do it fine I suppose. Doesn't quite give that nice touch of them knowing you replied immediately but didn't want to wake them though. Call me a softie.

Message 33 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to get some responses, thanks guys.

I suppose it is the problem with a poor memory that is the issue. Working busy nights, I don't want to wake someone up but I do want to get the reply sent. If I don't do it when I get the chance, I might miss it later. The android delay feature would do it fine I suppose. Doesn't quite give that nice touch of them knowing you replied immediately but didn't want to wake them though. Call me a softie.

I am so glad you posted this @Anonymous  I had no idea that this was already a feature on my Samsung S3 and due to you (and piperdog) I know now Smiley Very Happy

As I said my need is more to do with sending birthday /anniversary wishes, though having worked nights I have wanted to send a reminder to some people and until now have done the text and saved it to draft....which means I have to remember to send it in the morning....:smileysad:

Now... I have used the schedule facility twice already....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

And to bandofbrothers; how would I go about putting it forward to O2, do you know?

Message 35 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

As you are posting on the Community, it may be that you need to send a PM (private message) to @Toby who is the Community co-ordinator.

If he thinks your idea has merit he will forward it on......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst o2 might have an interest in this facility being available to all, android is actually the responsibility of Google, iPhone of Apple, windows phone of Microsoft and BlackBerry is stand alone. It is the manufacturers who determine most of the software on a device, o2 just add some of their own bloatware to locked devices.
Message 37 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed.

I think the only real interaction is the carrier files.

And Networks testing out new firmwares to remove / curb what they deem as a possible clash with their network, unless one is in a sim free handset or iPhone. slight_smile
Message 38 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
By the signs of it for this particular piece of functionality the OP will need to upgrade to SAMSUNG Android.

Whilst i know the S3 S4 S5 and Note 3 have this function i don't know if they all do.

Message 40 of 44