Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercedes me app not connecting over mobile data

MarkBulbeck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just got a new Mercedes EQA and have set up all the services, internet in car etc. and connected my car via the Mercedes me app.

Using over Wi-Fi I can access all the features of the app, connect to the car with no issues. However if I only have mobile data 4G or 5G then the app will not connect to the car at all until I’m back on Wi-Fi.

Mobile data is enable in settings for the Mercedes me app.

Tested with putting my daughters EE SIM in my phone and suddenly all works fine over mobile data so my IT incident management background would make me point the finger in the O2 Networks direction.

I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Has anyone got any suggestions or having the same issue?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

AlanLogan
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same Mark. My A180 won’t connect to Mercedes Me app on iPhone 12. Got the car last July and worked fine but recently noticed it has stopped and only connected when using phone on WiFi. I also tried a Vodafone sim in my phone and the phone now connects using data so must be an O2 network issue. Will contact O2 and see what they say.

Message 2 of 23

Andrew_Ball
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here thought I was going mad. Works fine on Wi-Fi but not on data. Issue only started from last friday

Message 3 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144415 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

App probably trying to use a port that's blocked by O2.

Unless there's an option to change port settings in the app there's not much you can do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10189 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Andrew_Ball  @MarkBulbeck @AlanLogan 

I would contact Mercedes and ask them to check if they are blocking O2's IP Ranges, as I doubt it will be o2 blocking access to the Mercedes App, as if it worked up until last week, then that sounds like Mercedes doing something, and that is using my Network Engineering head..

Seems to be a lot of issues with the App when searching online, across every connection method...  

Might be worth asking here if anyone knows how to fix... https://www.mbeqclub.com/forums/mercedes-eq-vehicles-general-discussion-forum.9/

edited to add, someone else has already posted a thread:
https://www.mbeqclub.com/threads/mercedes-me-app-cant-connect.2619/

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 23

Stones46
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’m having the same issue too, logged it with Mercedes Me and I’m waiting for a reply!!

Message 6 of 23

AF65LBE
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea it’s not working for me either, recently changed from Vodafone which worked perfectly

Message 7 of 23

AndyFisher
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having exactly the same issues app used to work fine but only works on WiFi now for some reason 

Message 8 of 23

JulesBinWindsor
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad it’s not just me! Have deleted the app, reinstalled it, was thinking I’d lost the plot! Weirdly the web page does show my car and the current charge level. Never had this issue until the middle of March!

Message 9 of 23

Arian-Knight
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here. It's o2 issue, it works fine with every other network i.e. EE and wifi ... I even changed DNS but still the same... Definitely o2 blocking something. Please update if you find out a solution.

Message 10 of 23