cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone5c black screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
After making a phone call I went to disconnect and all I had was a black screen don't know if it's on or off have had screen checked and that's ok battery is ok any ideas what it can be... The phone has not been dropped or has not got water damage.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Does the screen work normally at other times?
If so, check if you have a screen protector on covering the proximity sensor or a case that might be hindering it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only happened after making the call can not access anything on the phone at all now it's as though the phone o
Is dead but if I turn the button onto silent the phone vibrates but that is the only thing the phone will do.
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Where did you have the screen checked?
Are you saying it's permanently black all the time now?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the screen checked by repair guy in town and also battery and they are both ok,yes it is permanently black all the time .
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
You could try a reset and restore with iTunes in case it's a software issue but it sounds like it might need a repair.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had first taken it back to O2 who advised to take it to repair guy as it is out of warranty and Apple charges would be high
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
How did he know the screen was OK?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have tried that but it came up that iTunes could not be accessed as pass code was on !
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fitted my screen onto another phone
Message 10 of 17