cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 unlock (pay & go)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just spoke to a guru who said if I topup £15 they will unlock my iPhone 6 in 72 hours. Phone was bought sim free from carphone warehouse at Christmas. Is this true? A lot of other information I read on here says different.
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If the phone is bought and paid for in full then O2 should unlock it for you.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy days, cheers!
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought my iphone 6 from O2 and wanted to use another network and they are not unlocking my phone. I already have £20 balance but they will not unlock and do not give an option of charging £15 to unlock.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No they do not. I bought it outright and did not realise that the phone is locked until I tried to put in another network sim.

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought my iphone 6 from O2 and wanted to use another network and they are not unlocking my phone. I already have £20 balance but they will not unlock and do not give an option of charging £15 to unlock.

They should do - follow the guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

So topped up by £20 last night (as instructed), Then Filled out the unlocking form. Recieved an email this morning saying 'Sorry, you have not passed our security checks with the information you have provided. Kindly check that you have provided the correct information.' 

So signed in today to speak to an advisor who told me the information i was given last night was untrue and as of now we will not unlock iphone6.

Absolutely RIDICULOUS service. 'Maybe the advisor last night was misinformed', he said. Maybe I have more to be doing with my £20 than putting it on a phone i can not use for no reason. Every single time i speak to an o2 advisor every single one of them tells me something different. Maybe take my £20 and put it towards getting all your staff on the same page. Very dissapointed.

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
That message means your answer to the security question, or the details about tariff / recent calls was wrong - nothing else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

So why didn't he help me correct that information? 

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
'cause live chat is pretty useless. You are better off calling 4445 from your phone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14