cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with new iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really stuck now and I don't know what to do. I just tried upgrading to the new iOS and now my phone won't work.

There was an issue which means my phone needed to be restored. Fine, I tried that but at the end of the restoration process when iTunes tries tp verify hte iPhone, it says it cannot complete the process due to not being able to recognise the phone at all.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

in that case definitly make a genius appointment at your local apple store you will walk in & out within 10 minutes with a brand new shiny working handset

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

try unplugging the phone, then close down itunes, shut down your pc, turn it back on, load up itunes then try again.

you can also update over your iphone, go to settings, general, software update then an update should appear, download then it will ask you to install, press install & it will updaate your phone to the latest ios

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't do it over my phone as I can't access it now. It's screwed!! iTunes informs me that apple doesn't recognise the phone now so it can't restore it. I'm taking it to my loal 01 shop tomorrow after chatting with the online Guru chappy. Bit annoyed though. Same thing happened with my last iphone everytime i can to upgrade the iOS, however iTunes allowed me to restore the phone every time.

Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

uninstall itunes, reinstall it again, dont let o2 send it off for repair, you will wait for 2-3 weeks to get it back & all they will say is water damage

if the itunes reinstall doesnt work, book a genius appointment at your local apple store

Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take it to the 02 place tomorrow and if they say they wantto send it away I won't. Will a genius appointment cost me anything?

Message 5 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Have you tried holding the power and home buttons down until the apple logo appears?

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

take it that it didnt work then

Message 8 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You could try putting the iphone into recovery mode and restoring it. It's fairly simple to do before visiting the store.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll take it to the 02 place tomorrow and if they say they wantto send it away I won't. Will a genius appointment cost me anything?

no, if there is a fault with the phone they will swap it straight away as its still in warranty

Message 10 of 26