cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP NEEDED Data not working IPhone 6 3GB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

For the past few months have had extremely frustrating issues surrounding my data usage on my O2 phone. It's a long story and I'll try and keep it brief.

Around Feb/March on old contract/phone ( Iphone 5s 1GB) - found that when I ran out of data and called 2202 to add more data, I would be charged but the data was never used. As soon as I hung up the phone it still wouldn't connect (which it didnt use to do before)

Got a new phone and contract on upgrade - IPhone 6, 3GB - As soon as I took it home and switched it on I got a text saying my data had run out. O2 said this was because my new contract had not kicked in. Left it 24 hours and still did not work on data. TRIED EVERYTHING network settings update/changed APN/turned on and off/reset. Nothing worked. They even added 5GB of data and changed my contract for the remainder of the month which they said should kick it into gear but it did not work at all. Never used my new phone on 3G. 

Then my bill date came - and it miraculously worked - clearly because the data had been reset. Within two weeks it had run out (no idea how I am very good with data) and AGAIN same issue - couldn’t add more

o2 have been extremely unhelpful and saying the issue is my fault and something is draining my data. My issue is though how can it work fine for 2 weeks and then as soon as I add more within milliseconds of putting down the phone something has sucked all my data? No account issues/nothing they can see is wrong apart from my account says I have used all my data (including the 1GB I called up to add on.)

Im waiting for my bill date which is the 24th to see what happens. But o2 have essentially said they cannot help me which is ridiculous. I have changed all my data settings to stop push notifications/background app refresh etc.

Any ideas as to why when I run out that is it? 

Apologies for the long message but its been an ongoing issue and very frustrating.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Everyone on here knows I had the same problem and I think you will all agree that I know what I'm talking about, yes....?
Well O2 were useless and failed to do anything except to keep on saying it was my fault.. The only way I got round the issue was by moving that account to EE.
Until O2 acknowledge this as an issue and do something to investigate it will continue to pop up for more customers such as yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I would never dispute one word you say Rich.....(well not about phones anyway) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I remember it well @MI5. So many people over the years have had this problem with iPhones and the community is full of similar threads. Obviously if nothing is showing in data usage to warrant it then I would also get the phone checked by Apple. More evidence if needed.

Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing seemed extreme. 

But I understand that I can use my data up. In the two week period where it worked I will take full blame as I was not monitoring what data i was using. However when I call to add more, it cannot be feasibly possible for it to run out within milliseconds. I put down the call and my 3G doesnt work. To me that implies it has not been added or is not functional. I cannot see how this would be me using up the bolt on I add, if this makes sense?

Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you leave o2?

Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Fortunately, my contract was sim only that was past 12 months, so I just got PAC and moved.
You will need to gather evidence and present it to complaints and keep pushing them until you get satisfaction.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

So its now my bill refresh day. I've immediatley turned off my data so that its not being used. My My O2 says I only have an allwance of 1.09GB when my tarrif says 3GB on a different MyO2 page. WHAT IS GOING ON! How can they then say this is my own fault! (I've screenshotted this)

Also a quick question - If i want to get out of my contract without having to wait 8 weeks for them to reply to my complaint, is there any way I can sell the phone myself? Or do I have to hand it back? At the end of old contracts I've always sold myself rather than handing over for 100 quid because I can get more. 

Message 17 of 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

In theory the phone belongs to the finance company until it's fully paid for......

...however, I would sell the phone, pay it off and change network. How can they possible know? 

Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
If you are going to push to be let out for free you will need to hand the phone back, so don't sell it just yet.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont feel like theyre going to let me out that easily though. Although I realised I'll still be out of pocket like 200 pounds anyway as I only just got the contract and its 24 months. 

Meant to get a call at 9AM tomorrow morning after a technical report. At least I have proof this time so they aren't saying its my fault

Message 20 of 28