Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data access problem

GB1962
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 6 which is unable to load websites (such as Google Maps e.g.) or even pictures when working from the 4G network.  It works fine when I'm connected to a wi-fi network however.  Can this be improved?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12136 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Are you able to call and send texts with no issues @GB1962 ?

If yes, then check if your APN settings are correct:

https://apn-mostly.com/apn-settings/o2-apn-ios-iphones-ipads/ 

Can you also try your sim in another phone / another sim in your phone? That will help rule out if the issue is with your sim or phone.

If the problem is with your sim then you can request a new one in your local store (with photo ID), or via customer services (who turn off your current sim when ordering a new one).

Some generic network help is below:

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

And finally in case you need to speak to customer services:

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

GB1962
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks - yes calls and texts work fine, it's just data that's the problem.  My other family members have android phones so I'm not sure swapping sims will work.  I'll check the link you've given, thanks.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6776 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

The SIM cards are interchangeable 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@GB1962 

2 things you need to do.

1 - Reset your network settings

2 - Go to Settings >Mobile data (or Mobile Service) and scroll down to the list of your apps.

Make sure the switch is on next to each of the apps you want to use with mobile data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5