cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated!! Full strength bars and still can't get connect to network!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Advice Please.  I don't know whether it's O2 or iphone issues.

I often have trouble downloading emails or connecting to internet even though I can have full signal strength showing but cannot get online.

It happens everywhere.  I have tried my sim in other phones, so it's not a faulty sim or handset.  So I don't know whether O2's network is just rubbish or whether it's a combination of poor O2 service and iphone performance.

Anybody able to offer their input.  I travelled from York to Glasgow on the train today and for the full train journey I couldn't even send a text - wtf!!!

Seriously p'd off.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Advice Please.  I don't know whether it's O2 or iphone issues.

I often have trouble downloading emails or connecting to internet even though I can have full signal strength showing but cannot get online.

It happens everywhere.  I have tried my sim in other phones, so it's not a faulty sim or handset.  So I don't know whether O2's network is just rubbish or whether it's a combination of poor O2 service and iphone performance.

Anybody able to offer their input.  I travelled from York to Glasgow on the train today and for the full train journey I couldn't even send a text - wtf!!!

Seriously p'd off.

I've had the same issue with poor 3G speeds for the most of this year. Even something as simple as trying to check emails is really slow and most of the time I get fed up with waiting and check later when I have wifi. Has been mentioned, the 3G network presently is stretched due to updrades on the network.

Also, trying to do something more demanding like stream a video off You Tube is a chore I find. It takes ages to play and when it does the picture quality is very poor (due to the slow connection) and it will buffer a lot.

Basically I am paying for data that I cannot make use of, and this reason and the above ones are why I'm calling O2 today for my PAC code. I've been trying out a competitor out and the difference in speeds is like night and day. I've been a long time customer of O2 (around 16 years from back on the Cellnet days) but enough is enough for me.

Message 21 of 23

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm sorry to hear of all your problems at the minute, you've been given great advice above.

I'd just like to iterate though, that my data works wonderfully and lately after the mast upgrade is even better, with more coverage. I know this doesn't help you, but I'm saying it because not everyone gets this shoddy service.

*crosses fingers the signal doesn't tank now*
Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of all your problems at the minute, you've been given great advice above.

I'd just like to iterate though, that my data works wonderfully and lately after the mast upgrade is even better, with more coverage. I know this doesn't help you, but I'm saying it because not everyone gets this shoddy service.

*crosses fingers the signal doesn't tank now*

Yeah to be fair on O2, the issues won't affect everyone. Perhaps the mast upgrade etc is why you are seeing good data performance slight_smile

Message 23 of 23