cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot send text message (SMS) with the number I requested to transfer to o2 after porting

hyphaelam83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2, can you please help me? I cannot send text message (SMS) with the number I requested to transfer to o2 after porting. 
I really don’t expect this is what I get from moving from other provider to O2 - very frustrated. 

My imessage is not activating after porting. I’ve reset my phone and my network setting. Now my iPhone can show the number I wanted to transfer. However i get the same Activation unsuccessful message.

I called 202 and O2 staff cannot help and just refereed me to Apple but Apple said this is O2 problem.

I was advised people in O2 community that O2 should ensure no caps in place, no bar and that idata has been enabled. 

please someone helps me on this. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

O2 may not have set up idata on your account, this needs you to contact O2 directly via 202 or via Social Media using the link just below. 

If your number is incorrectly showing, you will need to reset your phone's network settings from the relevant menu once O2 have enabled idata on your account. This does happen quite a lot, alas, @hyphaelam83 - good luck!

Message 2 of 2