cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage won’t activate after number port.

manalsphone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m regretting switching to o2. 

My imessage is not activating no matter what i do. I’ve reset my phone and my network settings and nothing seems to work i get the same Activation unsuccessful message. I was on the phone to o2 and apple for 2 hours yesterday. The issue doesn’t lie within apple as imessage stopped working as soon as the port was completed. 

I’ve read around and it could be an international block on my number but i’ve just checked with o2 and they said there is no block. Also i’ve added a spend cap as well. I hear some talk about a blank sim. 

Im currently slap bang in the middle of exam season so i don’t have time to be spending 2 hours on the phone so this is all quite frustrating really. 

I would appreciate any help i could get. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Sometimes, just letting it sit for a day or two after the network reset helps, @manalsphone - especially as O2 Porting has been taking a little longer than normal of late:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/IMessage-trouble-with-old-and-new-ported-number/m-p/1585671/high...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Sometimes, just letting it sit for a day or two after the network reset helps, @manalsphone - especially as O2 Porting has been taking a little longer than normal of late:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/IMessage-trouble-with-old-and-new-ported-number/m-p/1585671/high...

Message 2 of 7

manalsphone
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It took a few days of having no iMessage and two trips to the o2 store but seems to have fixed itself overnight. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7

pgn
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Good feedback, thank you @manalsphone 👍

Message 4 of 7

hyphaelam83
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you swap to a new SIM to get the work? 

Message 5 of 7

hyphaelam83
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@manalsphone Did you swap to a new sim to make it work? I am so frustrated. Apple asked me to get a new sim from O2 with my original phone number. Thanks. 

Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@hyphaelam83 wrote:

@manalsphone Did you swap to a new sim to make it work? I am so frustrated. Apple asked me to get a new sim from O2 with my original phone number. Thanks. 

Unlikely, as the idata option needs to be set in the account side for any SIM used in an iPhone, @hyphaelam83 - contact O2 via Social Media, link below has the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram ways, and ask them to ensure

no caps in place,

no bar and that

idata has been enabled as you have an iPhone.

Then wait, and reboot now and then until it starts to work. Good luck!

Message 7 of 7