cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "Call Failed" and unable to use iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the last three weeks I simply cannot use my iPhone.  I try and make a call and it either doesnt connect or I start talking to someone and several seconds later the phone says "Call Failed" and cuts the call off.  Even when I can speak to someone they cannot hear what I am saying.  I am so very very frustrated!!!  I've checked the o2 network and it says a phone mast is not working in my area but no-one will give me a timescale when it will be fixed.  My mother has a very simple handset and is a pay as you go customer and has no problems using the O2 network and she only lives over the road.

The only advice I've been given is to turn off my 3G and even then the phone calls still fail.  What is the point of having a phone with lots of functionality that I cannot use as I have to turn off my 3G to make a phone call. 

It is simply not good enough not to have a timescale when the problem will be fixed.  My husband also has a iPhone and has the same problem.  I'm currently paying for a mobile phone that I cannot use. 

All I want to do is to be able to make a call where someone can hear what I'm saying and doesn't get cut off. 

I am so annoyed!!!!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm having the same issues right now.

Most networks I believe don't offer the service status service so at least o2 is trying to help. And no they don't give timescales.

Have you tried settings , general , reset , reset network settings.

Wipe your SIM card down too to remove static.

If you think it may be the phone then book it in at an apple Genius Bar.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

And check your apn settings.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Hope all comes good for you
Message 2 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've checked the o2 network and it says a phone mast is not working in my area but no-one will give me a timescale when it will be fixed.  My mother has a very simple handset and is a pay as you go customer and has no problems using the O2 network and she only lives over the road.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/3276632/how-turn-off-3g-data-on-iphone/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly the same problems. Can make calls on FaceTime audio and skype and others can hear me fine. Try to call on cellular network and the thing craps out every few seconds or they can't hear me. Only since ios7. I've completely reset the handset and had a replacement SIM. As a phone it's useless. May as well have an iPod touch with TuGo installed, as this is the only way I can make calls from my mobile number!

O2's response: Apple's problem. Apple's response: o2's problem. Both wrong. It's apparently my problem to resolve as a customer. Service from both get a huge thumbs down from me. Muppets.
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
It certainly seems to be a signal issue for you. Have you checked the status of the masts in your area? Does this happen in all locations?
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

iam fed up with my calls failing i work as a courier and need to call office and customers constantly but calls drop all the time and this is over large area around edinburgh .

if this continues i will be looking to change carrier ive been a o2 customer for 10+ years and its getting worse . why should we have to disable 3g in this day and age to make a simple call .

surely o2 is in breach of contract if u cant even make a call . thats like asda selling a telly that dosnt work etc ..

get it sorted or am offski

rant over

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you enjoyed the rant. wink

I would go with whichever network supplies the best signal where you are especially if it's affecting your working life.

Message 7 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My mum is having the same problem on her iPhone 4.  She either can't make a call, or halfway through the call it goes off and says call failed.  Her signal jumps from 3 bars to 1 bar a lot.  I have checked the service status for her and it says there are issues in the area so all she can do it wait.  She has done the usual reset and wiping the sim as well but still not luck.

I guess this weather isn't helping and i'm sure all of the network providers are having the same issue.

I'm sorry your issue is not resolved yet but i'll let you know if I find anything out slight_smile

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Until the mast status shows all fine their isn't much you can do.

Turning the iPhone off and on will help when the status is clear.

Until then it's Tugo if on pay monthly.
Message 9 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@picklednut Any luck with your phone? My mums signal has improved slightly but there is still an issue with the mast in our area. 

Message 10 of 15