cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better the devil you know :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not particularly O2 related per se.... left O2 after many many years when iPhone 5 came out due to ongoing issues which didn't seem to be improving...

Went to EE (T-Mob at the time) and boy am i suffering buyers remorse ... 2 sim cards and 2 iPhone5's later (Apple replacements for probably working handsets) later and i'm still stuck with a service thats dropping all the time (Going no-service) and support tech's that are just saying 'Have you tried switching it off and on?'

My number is stuck with T-Mob for 12 months now .... grass isn't as green elsewhere as it seems 😞

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Oh dear sorry to hear that but thanks for letting us know.

Have you tried getting an Apple store to check things for you?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to hear that:(

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried all these:
1. Updated to iOS6.0.1
2. Replaced iP5 by Apple (despite them saying the handset was fine - thanks for that one)
3. Replaced Nano Sim by T-Mob (they credited my account the £10 fee at least)
4. Setup phone as new (restore sw without backup) meaning inconveinice to me as i had to set everything back up and i lost some data inevitably
5. Contacted T-Mob support several times and been told to:
a. Network Settings Reset
b. All settings reset
c. Network reprovisioning on Sim

Right now i'm getting 0.12 mbit speeds and crappy call quality .... using an iPhone5 with that speed isn't great

And to think i gave up my o2 unlimited iPhone simplicity tariff for this
Message 4 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
How long have you been with them for?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
To long for 'cooling off'
Just coming up on 2 months ... stupidly i waited for iOS6.0.1 thinking it might be an Apple bug/issue
Message 6 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
😞 dang.

I wonder if you could claim breech of contract due to the inability of actually using the contract your paying for.
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would get the phone checked out at your nearest Apple store. Sorry you're having problems with the new network.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie: I did ... it was a problem on my original iP5, i went to apple, they said the phone was fine but they replaced it anyway
Same issue on replacement
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it anything on t-mobiles side that may be at fault 

Message 10 of 19