Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating for 2 Days.

Colin1231
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if linking phone and watch is actually a thing 🤣 Been to O2 shop no joy there. They say if I had purchased the items in store they could have done it. Kept saying about a seperate number, which I dont want. Looking to use watch with my existing phone and number. Am now on phone with 02 and they dont seem to have much of a clue as to what I am trying to do. The on hold music is not great either 🤣. So if anyone here could assist me that would be great. Thanyou for taking time to read this. Colin. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144795 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Colin1231 

You need to follow the setup routine from the watch app on your phone.

Wifi and 4g calling also needs to be enabled, on and working.

All watches have a different number. Fact and not negotiable.

You also need to agree to the £5 per month costs paid by direct debit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Colin1231
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for your reply MI5. 
1. Followed the instructions on the watch app on phone.
2. Not checked the 4g calling. But know the wifi calling is on.

3. Never got anything once I completed the setup steps on watch app to verify £5 monthly charge. Only thing I recieved was a text with a link to contract details. 

Colin. 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144795 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Colin1231 

You should be asked to login to your account to confirm the monthly charge at this point.

You may need to contact O2 if nothing is happening.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Colin1231
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_5936.jpeg

Ok. Cancelled that setup I tried. Started from scratch. Clicked Set Up Mobile Service in watch app on phone. Am now getting this. Maybe something is happening 🤣

Still not gettin anything to verify £5 contract. Very strange. 
Oh was speaking to o2 this morning and they said no activity on my account. 

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144795 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

👍

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Cmulholland7
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mines is the exact same I’ve been on the phone to o2 every day no one has a clue what im

talking about I got the option to sign in clicked the £5 30

day rolling contract and my phone is stick

on

activating 

Message 7 of 12

Colin1231
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems to be a waiting game from what I can see. 
Spoke to them on phone, No Idea. 
Spoke to them in shop, Did not want to know unless you bought your tec in there. 
We shall see 👍🏻

Message 8 of 12

Colin1231
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a wee update on the watch phone connection. 
Rang o2 this morning about Apple watch still not activating, was told no problem we will sort this for you. Muttered on about an eSim and a few other things. All ok so waited for email with activation code or whatever. Recieved an email saying thankyou for your order of a swap over from sim to eSim on your phone 🤣 WTF. Anyway. Phone went down no signal arround 4pm. Rang o2 they said the masts in my area and were being worked on. They didnt  think that I was calling on my wifes o2 phone with perfect signal. Asked would it be anything to do with this mornings call about watch activating. No sir working on masts. So hung up as I cant stand lyers. So just happened to log in to my o2 and behold all these settings to go through to set up my Phones eSim 🤣. Went through all the stages and a miracle my signal was fine. (Fixed the mast quickly there). So then I had another number to set up which I think was the watch. Did that then logged in to choose a tarrif. Only to be met with a blank screen with next button at the bottom. Have to admit I have just gave up about 30mins ago. 
Feeling very drained  😡

Hope enjoy the story.

Oh bonus now have a phone workin on eSim and no watch activation. 

Message 9 of 12

Colin1231
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_5956.jpeg
This is what I’m getting now. Cant choose whats not there 🤣

Message 10 of 12