cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus - Scratched Screen!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there.

So I've had the 6 Plus for all of three days, I've deliberately avoided putting in in my pockets or even taking it out of the house because I'm still waiting for a case. To my dismay this morning I've noticed that it already has a scratch, maybe six or seven milimeters in length on the screen. Pronounced enough so as to show up when the screen is illuminated and when it's off. I'm really angry about this, I'm very careful with phones and in this case I've just shelled out £500 for it. I've had this happen towards the end of an iPhone contract before, but this quickly and with so much care being taken? I've even ordered screen protectors already! Gutted...

I can't get through to O2 just now, but is there anything they can actually do about it? I insured the phone with them. Any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144705 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Usually just transport protection but they should have been left in place until a case and proper protection was purchased, esp if the odd scratch is going to bother you that much......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They would stay in place until I got a proper protector especially paying so much for a phone. Thought this would be common sense for most people!

Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've seen the protective film that comes with the two new iPhones I suspect you'd see why it was removed. It's all one piece, front and back and covers the charging port and home button. I made it quite clear that the phone hadn't yet left the house or been put in pockets, so it shouldn't really be a risk so far anyway.

Thank you @Anonymous for the information.
Message 13 of 31

MI5
  • 144705 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Someone must have done something to it as I doubt it scratched itself.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Someone must have done something to it as I doubt it scratched itself.....?

iOS 8.0.3 to be released next week ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 31

MI5
  • 144705 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

iOS 8.0.3 to be released next week ?

With added scratch protection LOL

Currently using:
Message 16 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you've seen the protective film that comes with the two new iPhones I suspect you'd see why it was removed. It's all one piece, front and back and covers the charging port and home button. I made it quite clear that the phone hadn't yet left the house or been put in pockets, so it shouldn't really be a risk so far anyway.

Thank you @Anonymous for the information.

You're Welcome.

As I see it you can either argue the case that the phone must have been scratched in the box {Not going to easy due to the amount of days you've had it } ,or make a claim on insurance or affix a screen shield that may hide the scratch.

Ive used glass versions and can confirm they are very good.

Let us know how you get on. 

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Haven't been able to get through to them unfortunately. But I'll have to make a claim I think.

Can you suggest a decent brand of screen protector? I've just read some fairly mixed reviews for the ones I'd initially ordered.
Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used Zagg and PhoneDevil which aren't the cheapest but are of the better variety. In my experience tbh they sometimes can leave the screen feeling a little orange peel look effect. Fitting these are a military operation in their own right. wink

The glass tempered ones are awesome and a breeze to fit.

My review http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-My-Review/m-p/700199/highligh...
Message 20 of 31