cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint re unsolicited 'phone call from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just answered a call from O2. There were 6 missed calls from this unknown to me Manchester tel no, which was a do not ring back no. Nobody left a message. The call I answered was about my contract. He spoke to me inappropriately, calling me 'darling', a term only my husband is allowed to use. This has given me pause for thought. My 'phone needs upgrading, but I don't have to stick with O2 do I? When my chemo treatment is finished, and I've regained some strength I shall enjoy shopping around. So O2. Look to your laurels! And train your staff in appropriate ways to speak to customers and not subject customers to what amounts to unwanted sexual harassment. Thanks for listening. Ann
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have friends who have iOS 7 on their iPhone 4 ,and have no issue as long as the capacity of the internal memory is not reached ,but I understand updating your iOS is a personal thing too.

If you believe it was O2 then contact them.

O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract >4445 for PAYG>8002 for Business.

To investigate.

Hope all goes well.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think you have had a cold call from one of O2's partners and not O2 themselves.

We are customers here two apart from a couple of site staff.

If your using iOS7 then you can also opt to block this number too.

You could check in your Myo2 to see what your preferences, list of options on the left, choose My Choices or write to O2 to remove yourself from this type of cold call again.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

From O2's T&C.

21.4 You also agree to the information described in paragraph 21.3 being used, analysed and assessed by us and the other parties identified in paragraph 21.3 and selected third parties for marketing purposes including amongst other things to identify and offer you by phone, post, the Network, your Mobile Phone, email, text (SMS), media messaging, automated dialling equipment or other means, any further products, services and offers which we think might interest you. If you don’t want your details to be used for marketing purposes, please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The chap introduced himself as from O2. I've checked my preferences and had not allowed for 3rd part contact. I still think this is from O2. And as my 'phone is a 4, I'm not loading iOS 7, as reviews suggest it will be even slower than now.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have friends who have iOS 7 on their iPhone 4 ,and have no issue as long as the capacity of the internal memory is not reached ,but I understand updating your iOS is a personal thing too.

If you believe it was O2 then contact them.

O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract >4445 for PAYG>8002 for Business.

To investigate.

Hope all goes well.

Message 4 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The chap introduced himself as from O2.

I doubt that very much, more likely an O2 authorised partner, but you need to be careful with them.

If you have the number they used we could check.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's quite probably an unsolicited call from either a partner or someone proporting to be from O2. There have been quite a few reports on here about this. Best practice is just to hang up on them. I have received calls from a Liverpool number and a Manchester number about upgrading and they are not from O2 directly.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. It was a Manchester number: 0161 260 0113. Thanks again. Ann
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27698 Solutions
Most likely something to do with Carphonewarehouse.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Possibly E2Save on behalf of CPW, who are O2 Partners.

This is not a number we have seen here before.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9