cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good coverage - WHAT coverage?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite O2 coverage checker optimistically suggesting I have excellent coverage for calls I struggle to get and hold a signal at home, even outdoors and standing on a wall!!

Either O2 should be more honest or admit they need to fix a problem around PE15 9PY.....

Which is it to be?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You might be better turning off 3G as it's not good in your area:

Live results for PE15 9PY

• Our network is currently working fine
    If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
    Updated 13:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
    Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
    Good indoors and outdoors.
  • Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
    Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
    OK outdoors. Patchy indoors. Not good for mobile broadband.

O2 have committed to 98% UK coverage with 2G 3G and 4G by 2015 and this work is under way now, so coverage in most areas should improve.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Coveragfe also rubbish around RH20 - has been for about 3 weeks, was OK before then.  Agree would be nice to know why this is happening. when whatever work is going on will be done.

Message 3 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Coveragfe also rubbish around RH20 - has been for about 3 weeks, was OK before then. 

What did O2 say when you reported the problem?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand the reference to 'turn off 3G' - is it a feature that can be turned off on a iPhone?

As for "O2 have committed to 98% UK coverage with 2G 3G and 4G by 2015 and this work is under way now, so coverage in most areas should improve."......  PIGS MIGHT FLY.  There has been absolutely no improvement in the last 13 years.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and using a basic, not frills Doro phone the experience is identical....

Message 6 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As for "O2 have committed to 98% UK coverage with 2G 3G and 4G by 2015 and this work is under way now, so coverage in most areas should improve."

This is a legal requirement not a fanciful desire, or I wouldn't have posted it.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you represent O2!

I am prepared to guarentee I will find myself in the 2% rump - even if you pretend the coverage is good.  I challenge you come here and find out how wrong you are.

Message 8 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand the reference to 'turn off 3G' - is it a feature that can be turned off on a iPhone?

Settings mobile / cellular> enable 3g turn off and the strong 2g signal will allow calls etc the poor 3g coverage in your area will cause the issue as iphones default to fastest network type not signal strength

P.s. unless it says in signature we are all customers staff have to identify them selves.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I assume you represent O2!

I am prepared to guarentee I will find myself in the 2% rump - even if you pretend the coverage is good.  I challenge you come here and find out how wrong you are.

I do not represent O2.

I do not intend to take you up on your challenge as you didn't understand my previous answer! Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 10