cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung account won't sync!

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Galaxy Ace 2 has "lost" my contacts and is only showing those from Facebook or google or my sim...none of the ones I have added the most info to such as addresses, birthdays, etc, which I gather are my samsung ones. When I go to try and sync my samsung account the sync option is greyed out. Any idea how I can un-grey it, or retrieve my contacts from wherever they may have been backed up to by samsung? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The link you sent me sends me to gmail, not contacts, so I don't know how to edit them online either 😂
Also, each time I have merged with google I end up with duplicate google symbols next to each persons name...I suspect I merged with google originally and that is how I lost all the additional info.

View solution in original post

Message 33 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Have you tried removing and re-adding your Samsung account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5, thanks, yes I have tried that but it made no difference, the sync option is still greyed out 😞
Message 3 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you tried a soft reboot by turning the phone off, remove battery (handset dependant ) and turn back on. 

Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jonsie, yes I have tried ticking and unticking all the display options but still no luck!
Message 6 of 35

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Try this, but your options might be different depending on firmware....
Settings > Data Usage > tap menu soft key > select "Auto sync data" from pop up menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bandofbrothers, I have turned it off and on again, and now I have also tried removing the battery whilst it's off. Still no luck 😞
Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5, my option is under Settings> accounts and sync> and already I have ticked auto sync and background data. Underneath this is where it shows you the list of accounts with an update circle thing on the right, and the samsung one is greyed out.
Message 9 of 35

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
That's OK - I just wanted to check everything was turned on.
The Samsung account is not used for syncing anything like contacts so it doesn't have the usual sync settings...
We just to to find out where your missing contacts have gone now.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 35