cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S4 went in for repair last week because the speaker made a funny noise when it started ringing. The phone has been in for repair on two previous occasions, once for a software issue and once for the charge point. When the phone has come back it was never wiped and had all my data, settings on it.

I got a message stating that the repair wasn't covered by the phone warranty and when I collected it was told that the phone had been routed. There is absolutely no way I have done this. I wouldn't know where to begin. No one else uses this phone.

I have the phone back and it has been wiped. I was made aware that this could happen however it seems suspicious to me that it was never wiped before and suddenly I am being told its been routed.

What is going on ?

Is it possible to tell when it was allegedly routed ?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

In the meantime, I would download ODIN and the version of firmware you need for your handset. Rewrite the firmware and bootloader. It's easier than it sounds and not quite as scary as it seems. 

Alternatively deal with Samsung direct who will be able to alter the software to factory standard for you.

Although I have to admit, I haven't used Samsung since they changed their software secuirty.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 31 of 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I wouldn't touch it at all.
Samsung can tell when the knox was tripped and if the dates tie in with the phone being in for repair they will sort it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way I can find out when it was tripped because it will be better for me if 02 fix the phone as it will probably be away for a shorter period of time.

Message 33 of 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any way I can find out when it was tripped because it will be better for me if 02 fix the phone as it will probably be away for a shorter period of time.

Forget O2....they have made their decision.

Message 34 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No....it wouldn't be away for a shorter time @Anonymous  Samsung do a far quicker turnaround of repairs AND they don't fob you off with pathetic excuses. (My son worked  a year for a 3rd party repair service for Vodaphone devices. He was not impressed with the stock in trade results they put to most of the phones they received.... A standardised list of faults):smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've rung the phone and the chap there is confident that he can sort this out. He's emailed the repair company and they have said send it off again but he is waiting for a response from his manager.

All I want is it fixing or replacing but I obviously also want it to not show as rooted either. It works at the moment it just makes a funny noise when it rings.

Watch this space.

Message 36 of 63

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Let us know how you get on @Anonymous 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 37 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do

Message 38 of 63

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Just a note, once the KNOX Flag has been tripped there's nothing you can do as it rewrites part of the EEPROM. Basically you would need a Samsung person to rewrite it with the proper tools.

AFAIA

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 39 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so its gone back in today. They are apparently sending it to someone who can tell when it was allegedly rooted. If it was when they had it they will replace the phone. If not we go back to argueing.

If it comes back and I send it to Samsung will they tell me when it was rooted. Not sure I trust the 02 repair people now.

Message 40 of 63