Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards - April 2014

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I hope you all had a wonderful April! I received some truly epic April Fool's day pranks this year so shall need to be more vigilant in 2015 wink

As ever, many of of you have gone above and beyond to help others on this great community and I'm delighted to announce the rewarded members for this month below:

Platinum - £50 line rental/payg credit

MI5

bandofbrothers

Gold - £20 line rental/payg credit

adamtemp64

jonsie

damien1

Silver - £10 line rental/payg credit

piperdog123

wanty

gemz4the1

Bronze - £5 line rental/payg credit 

Cleoriff

anticpated

Traceyjs1975

Bambino

PapaDug

steve_camberley

If you are on this list, well done! Please send me a private message with the number you would like your reward to be added to, as well as the type of plan you are on (e.g. PAYG, Pay Monthly, Business etc.).

If not though and you'd like to know more about O2 Community Rewards, please take a look at this thread or feel free to drop me a private message any time!

Very nicely done guys slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie. I think you've hit the nail on the head about how drastic the change has been. When I was talking about the few knowledgeable people that are left, you were included in that, along with @adamtemp64 and @MI5 . If the powers that be in this community want to take me to task about speaking my mind, as @Cleoriff says, it's their problem. I have tried to point out how, in my opinion, the forum has deteriorated in several past posts to mods, but they have gone unheeded. I will visit every now and then, but I will see you elsewhere too, I'm sure. Take care, and keep up the good work. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 31 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take care.
Message 32 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having joined the Community 6 months ago I still consider myself as fairly new and as such the disparaging comments are at best to be deemed "unfortunate" and at worst unfair.

We all start somewhere. People come and go for all sorts of reasons. But to be honest in support of all the newbies I feel we should be supporting each other not running people down just because they are not techies or have all the answers.

Message 33 of 56

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

No one is running people down on here for being new or for having little technical experience, indeed we are glad to welcome and support new community members. What grates the older members on here are pointless threads designed to do nothing else but up peoples post counts and thus qualifying for rewards.

I'm not casting aspersions at anyone but these people know who they are and they are well aware of exactly what and why they are doing it. I know personally three very good and knowledgeable people who have left the community for this very reason in recent months.

I think people should take a long hard look at their motivation for posts such as 'meet me round the campfire' and other really pointless drivel that just annoys people coming on here for technical help and having to trawl their way through things which should appear on social networking sites.

The mods can feel free to delete this but people now know my feelings on this. If I want to read the news headlines I go to the BBC app not the O2 community. To sum up, the Rewards has been beneficial to me personally but in my opinion detrimental to the meaning of what once was a very good support community.

As I say, if this offends anyone I'm sorry but is not aimed at anyone personally, just my own personal views which have been festering for a long while.

Message 34 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 123298 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I applaud your honesty @jonsie  (which may seem odd to some folk who know the level of my

non-expertise)

However, though I am known more for joining in Off Topic and Discussion threads, I add  to my

limited knowledge by reading topics posted by the experts. I will not join in anything if I am unsure...

nor will I add to off topic threads for which I have no interest...

I think some know I have been a member here for 18months...and yet I am 'only' level 14...so what?

I personally care nothing for such trivialities

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 56

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I don't think it could be put better than how you've said it jonsie, and I concur wholeheartedly with your comments.

I commented in this thread because I have been given a reward that I no longer can use, and I would like someone deserving to have it. It was not my intent for anyone to see my comments as disparaging. It was merely my observation of how I saw the current state of the community.

As I have said that I'm leaving, I won't labour the situation, so I will now bow out.  

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 36 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst I don't want to provoke debate, can I please point out that the thread "At Wanty's Place" (which now has 126 pages of comments mostly from so called regulars) would surely also fit into the category of pointless threads. This thread does nothing in relation to supporting people who need technical advice which was referred to earlier in the conversation.

Just being balance, nothing more.
Message 37 of 56

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That thread was designed originally for off topic discussion, non technical and idle banter for anyone, regulars or not to freely join in, hence the reason it's 126 pages. My point was that these types of threads are sprouting up all over the forum now and we are all also guilty of taking serious threads off topic. That thread was also started nearly 2 years ago when the new community was launched and succeeded the original thread in the old O2 forum.

My worry is that with so many silly threads (IMHO) we are losing regular, experienced and technically knowledgeable people because of this. The community is now losing credibility as a technical support site and is more akin to a social networking site. Be honest @Anonymous do you give up your time and contribute on here to some of the banal threads or to try and help people with your knowledge and experience?

I'm fairly sure some of the comments on here will be deleted but I would suggest that this is a fairly important topic that people should debate and I will ask that the posts should possibly be made into a seperate thread rather than detract from the Rewards thread which is of benefit to all community members.

Message 38 of 56

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

My reply to your post has for some reason been rejected by the moderator @Anonymous 

I have asked that all replies from bambino downwards be made into a new thread as it worthy of debate on it's own merit.

Message 39 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning @jonsie

I did wonder as I couldn't see your reply which was a shame because I thought it was the post of the week. Well written, sensible, constructive and accurate.

To answer your question I come on here to learn, better understand, and to support.

In terms of the chit chat I have received (slightly) negative comment when I haven't got involved in them. That is of course my choice. If I want to chit chat I have unlimited calls and texts for that. But I also recognise that this is just my opinion. I appreciate there are lots of us with differing views.
Message 40 of 56