Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards - April 2014

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I hope you all had a wonderful April! I received some truly epic April Fool's day pranks this year so shall need to be more vigilant in 2015 wink

As ever, many of of you have gone above and beyond to help others on this great community and I'm delighted to announce the rewarded members for this month below:

Platinum - £50 line rental/payg credit

MI5

bandofbrothers

Gold - £20 line rental/payg credit

adamtemp64

jonsie

damien1

Silver - £10 line rental/payg credit

piperdog123

wanty

gemz4the1

Bronze - £5 line rental/payg credit 

Cleoriff

anticpated

Traceyjs1975

Bambino

PapaDug

steve_camberley

If you are on this list, well done! Please send me a private message with the number you would like your reward to be added to, as well as the type of plan you are on (e.g. PAYG, Pay Monthly, Business etc.).

If not though and you'd like to know more about O2 Community Rewards, please take a look at this thread or feel free to drop me a private message any time!

Very nicely done guys slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

No, the card is defunct as I ported my number, which cancels the O2 contract. No way to keep the legacy 3G, but I'm not bothered by that. I've had my number for over 20 years, so it was much more important to keep that.

Anyone looking for a sim only deal should take a look at Tesco's tariffs. Far better than anything O2 can offer. I haven't noticed any difference in coverage or signal either.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Bambino

Yes, it is likely that I will take the same direction in the future when my contract ends in 12 months time. I am amazed at the price differences given that o2 own 50% of Tesco Mobile.
Message 22 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Bambino  Would be sorry to see you leave here. You have always showed a great deal of patience

with this old gal and helped me a lot.

You told me once (18months ago when I joined) 'There is no such thing as a stupid question, the only

stupid thing is not asking it in the first place!)

I have never forgotten that, so thanks for all your help.

I personally hope you pop back from time to say what you want...in the only way YOU can say it LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 56

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff. I'm glad I was able to help you in the past. You've come a long way since those early days. I may pop back from time to time, but probably not very often. It seems that to some in this community, the way I say it doesn't gel with the white bread world they would like to have here. I think this forum is becoming a poor man's Facebook in a lot of ways, and apart from a few very knowledgeable people who've stuck around, many of the people with real expertise have left. I also think there's too many superfluous posts and people padding their post counts to try to garner a reward. I wonder if there would be as many posts if the rewards were stopped? When I first joined this community, people answered posts because they genuinely wanted to help. Not because there was any remuneration involved. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this post was edited or deleted too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 56

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I hope its not removed because there is a lot of truth in what you say...

I have always found that you say what you think, as is your way. If folk don't like how you say it, that is

THEIR problem not yours...

It would be  pretty boring world if we were all the same!

My advantage is, despite my age, I recognise my strengths and weaknesses and technology is a

definite weakness. I have no problem with anyone younger than myself showing me the way to go.

So thanks again. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 56

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Bambino if it is I have a screen grab of the post and @Cleoriff reply

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 26 of 56

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Many thanks @adamtemp64 and also to you @Cleoriff for your kind words. I will miss not contributing here, but as I'm not an O2 customer any more, which is the main reason for me opting out here, there doesn't seem much point. Maybe we will meet elsewhere. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 56

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Sorry to see you go mate.... See you around the world of forums slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 56

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Thank you my friend, and yes you will. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 29 of 56

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sadt to see you go @Bambino and what you say in your last post is so true. I hope it strikes a chord with those guilty of it. I've said before that this community is now a poor man's facebook. Yet another regular is leaving the forum and I suspect you would stick around if the forum hadn't changed so drastically over the last 12-18 months.

Good luck and maybe visit to say ho once in a while, you will be missed for your straightforward and knowledgeable replies.

Message 30 of 56